IGNORED

Callaway Torque Wrench Help

Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a new Big Bertha and it came with a torque wrench to adjust the weights and hosel.  I made my adjustments and really cranked down on it, but no "click."  I was too nervous to tighten it any more.  I was really tightening it, too.

For those who have this wrench, how hard do you have to tighten it before it "clicks?"

I have a Cobra torque wrench like the one pictured below, It looks similar to the Callaway one.  It takes a pretty good amount of torque to click, almost feels like it is twisting just before the click.  I hope this helps

Cobra wrench.jpg

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I bought a new Big Bertha and it came with a torque wrench to adjust the weights and hosel.  I made my adjustments and really cranked down on it, but no "click."  I was too nervous to tighten it any more.  I was really tightening it, too.

For those who have this wrench, how hard do you have to tighten it before it "clicks?"

Hmm, that would make me nervous.  As I understand it, the point of the click is to prevent accidental over tightening.  It really shouldn't take all that much force to get it to give and click.

58 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Kind of hard to describe something that is relative to one's strength and familiarity with hand tools. One person's "hard" could be another's "fairly easy" etc.

You just don't want to overtighten and strip anything. I have used a regular torx head screwdriver before. If you are concerned about it at all, I'd bring the wrench to a golf store and compare it to theirs.

• Upvote 4

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, billchao said:

If you are concerned about it at all, I'd bring the wrench to a golf store and compare it to theirs.

This is a good idea, maybe even take the club and wrench in and ask the store personnel to show you what it takes to get it to 'click'.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

16 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Took it to the shop.  The staff compared mine to others of the same brand.  They gave me a new replacement, free of charge.

Thanks for the advice.

Good news. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!