IGNORED

Hitting wrong ball - any reason to fault others?

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, ol 3 putts said:

I find that most people mark their ball. So to avoid any confusion I simply don't. Also I play a lower level ball because it fits my game. Not many folks playing the Nike Mojo anymore. Bonus, 10 bucks a dozen and I like the results.....most of the time.

I also find it interesting that when I am in the rough, most of the time I find the high dollar balls, which is an interesting point on the power of advertisement. (I have a cpl dozen Pro-V-1s at home I give them to my brother when I see him)

Funny, the only ball that I find at my course is the mojo. Its usually in a place where it shouldn't be. I find ProV's all the time, those get picked up. Mojos are left for the next guy to find. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

Funny, the only ball that I find at my course is the mojo. Its usually in a place where it shouldn't be. I find ProV's all the time, those get picked up. Mojos are left for the next guy to find. 

I find his statement odd too, since just about all I ever find is cheap balls.  I leave them where I find them most of the time too.  Aside from mine, I don't see many balls at all with ID markings except when I'm playing tournaments. 

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

maybe it is a local thing but virtually every ball I stumble into at my club  is marked. I would say it is rare to very unusual to find a ball that isn't marked.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

On 8/31/2016 at 7:05 AM, allenc said:

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone and their mother uses dots.  Why not sign your initials or draw a happy face or something that isn't so easily misidentified?

In my attempt to avoid the wrong ball issues I use a "different" mark on mine.  Over the years I have changed it at times but never just dots.  Today I use a Trident or some say a Pitchfork, usually in Red or Blue.  It seems unique, which I believe is a good idea, as I have not seen anyone else use this mark. 

As to the original question, it is always your fault if you play a wrong ball.  There are no excuses and the rules are clear that it is the player's responsibility to ensure they are playing the correct ball.

Butch

Note: This thread is 2793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!