IGNORED

Bombtech wedges....

MizunoPez
Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My buddy ordered these. I think he is a sucker. 

When I held them, they felt lighter than my wedges, and the grooves were much much shallower than a normal wedge. 3 for $99 should tell you what kind of quality your'e buying. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really? That is surprising as their spec sheet states the grooves are as deep as will allow, and closer together to generate more spin. 

Every review i'm reading is saying these are decent. Wish they sold in shops so I could try them out!

3 hours ago, MizunoPez said:

Wish they sold in shops so I could try them out!

Don't they have a 60 day guarantee? You can try them and if you don't like them, all they end up costing you is a little bit of shipping IIRC.

I bought a Bombtech driver once that didn't help my driving at all since I suck at hitting the driver an Sully was quite accomodating when I wanted to return it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

But I don't need to hit my wedge 400 yards. :-D

In all seriousness, I don't know personally but from what I have heard from other folks is that they're "OK." I wouldn't skimp in the wedge department though for something just "OK."

If you're searching for that price point, I would take a look at Tour Edge Exotics stuff too. My two cents

Andrew M.

I have them and I love mine. I had calloway wedges before these and didn't like them at all. The quality is just as good and I can spin these with no problems. The only thing I didn't like was the pure grips, I changed mine out to golf prid mutli-compound grips. 

For $99 for all 3 you won't be disappointed, I got mine when they first came out and they were I think $50 a peice.

On 9/2/2016 at 0:58 PM, IndianaDundee said:

I believe they carry them at Academy.  I looked at a 72 degree there that I think was Bombtech.  Didn't see anything wrong with it other than that stupid of a loft.  You can check them out in person.

I'm pretty sure the only place you can get bombtech products is from bombtech themselves.

On 9/2/2016 at 11:58 AM, IndianaDundee said:

I believe they carry them at Academy.  I looked at a 72 degree there that I think was Bombtech.  Didn't see anything wrong with it other than that stupid of a loft.  You can check them out in person.

The closest Academy to me carries Wilson's SuperFly wedges in at least 72* and 76* lofts.  I put the 76* on the ground yesterday; I'm not sure I'm brave enough to swing it with a ball in front of it.  I might flinch on contact.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!