IGNORED

New Cart - Caddytek EZ

Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16th aniversary is tomorrow (3rd) and this showed up on the porch today (not the bag). It's a Caddytek EZ and seems pretty slick - folds up and down real easy

when I play with her we drive due to her bad knee, but I walk when playing with my friend   

image.jpeg

• iacas changed the title to New Cart - Caddytek EZ

Hi,  I am taking it out on the course tomorrow for first time.

It seems to have enough space.  I don't really carry too much.

I actually bought one the week before finding out she got this for me.  It is a slightly different model.  If you are interested, I'll sell it to you for $100, shipping included.  It is the model, but red and black Amazon Link

I have it listed on Craigslit right now, there is a nice picture of it in the box  Craigslist Link

The only difference is it doesn't have the little pouch thing down below.

Let me know if you are interested

- Brad

On 9/2/2016 at 3:48 PM, Brad W said:

16th aniversary is tomorrow (3rd) and this showed up on the porch today (not the bag). It's a Caddytek EZ and seems pretty slick - folds up and down real easy

when I play with her we drive due to her bad knee, but I walk when playing with my friend   

image.jpeg

I have two, identical except the four wheel model.  One at home and one at a mountain cabin.  Actually make that four of them, my wife has two also.

I have a couple hundred rounds on one and it has stood the test of time, still works as good as new.  I place a couple spare balls in that netting container while playing.  In the container by the handles goes my every round stuff, tees, pencil, ball marker, divot tool, permanent marker.

If you like to take video of your swing on the range or course you can put a selfie stick in the umbrella holder to use the cart as a 'tripod'.  Also, I sometimes turn the cart into a pull cart when going up hill.  On steep hills I find it's easier to pull and these push carts also work well when pulling them.  

Enjoy the walk, in action at Big Bear Lake, Bear Mountain Golf Course:

20160908_140851.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had it on the course for the first time yesterday.  First time using a cart, I have nothing to compare to.  It seemed to work great.  It rolls nice and it easy to steer.  The front wheel can be adjusted for alignment but mine rolled straight right out of the box.

The brake is just a pin that sticks into the wheel hub to keep it from rolling.  You activate it with your foot.  It looks like some of the expensive carts have a cable that goes from the handle area to a brake of some sort?  Not sure on that.  In any case, the brake function worked well and kept the cart from rolling in all instances where I needed it.

The wheels are on enclosed bearings.  There is an Amazon question where this is asked and a response says "no".  This is inaccurate.  The cart rolls effortlessly and quite smoothly

So far the only thing I've noticed is the pencil holder is a little oversize.  The pencil fits in and seems fine, but with the jostling of going down the fairway, I lost my pencil somewhere.

I liked the pouch down below and the little cooler area at the base.  I think it is a nice "lift" to the one I bought myself (and mentioned I have for sale)

Another review I read on Amazon said there was a design flaw and the front wheel would rub on the bottom of the guys bag.  So bad that he burned a hole through his bad.  I'd say this guy is an idiot and can't figure out how to use the thing.  There is plenty of clearance between the bottom of the bag and the front wheel.

All in all, I'm happy

IMG_1133.JPG

Edited by Brad W
  • Upvote 1

On 9/8/2016 at 4:36 PM, Brad W said:

Hi,  I am taking it out on the course tomorrow for first time.

It seems to have enough space.  I don't really carry too much.

I actually bought one the week before finding out she got this for me.  It is a slightly different model.  If you are interested, I'll sell it to you for $100, shipping included.  It is the model, but red and black Amazon Link

I have it listed on Craigslit right now, there is a nice picture of it in the box  Craigslist Link

The only difference is it doesn't have the little pouch thing down below.

Let me know if you are interested

- Brad

I did see that. I think I'd rather pay the extra $10-$20 to get the pouch/cooler below. Judging by the stock photos, it also looks like the Quad Fold doesn't have the lower bag strap.

Note: This thread is 2945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!