IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge October 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did get in daily practice over the weekend (and Friday). Too late to get award for month, but just to document for myself and try to keep up with @woodzie264:

10/21: Did range work and submitted a video to Evolvr

10/22: Got Evolvr analysis back! I was working on the takeaway nearly exclusively, and it turns out that was going (just barely ok). But needed some tweaks, so good thing I got feedback. But other areas of my swing were way out of whack, so we're going back to some basics again. Grip needed fixing. Left wrist was cupping quite badly. Did 20 min mirror on that.

10/23: 15 minutes mirror work. Focused exclusively on backswing wrist condition. Used binder touching forearm to ensure no cupping (instructor advice in feedback).

Will document today's work later.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10/24 (Part II) - greenside chipping/pitching x 30 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

last nights post didn't post. Oh well. 

Split a bag of balls with the boy tonight. A bit rough at first but kept focusing on the feel of a steady head. By the end of the night, I was crushing the ball with a high tragectory. Hopefull...

- Shane

10/25 - grip, stance, balanced weight shift.

*as of yesterday, I've started working on more of a turn in my backswing/take away.  I've had several Left (front) shoulder surgeries and I have limited ability to elevate the club at the top which greatly hinders my length...I would image anyway. But I want to improve my hip turn which should help me a little bit in that dept. 

Taking my swing this morning I felt it much more difficult to keep my head steady while increasing my hip turn away from the ball during the backswing. A work in progress

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10/26 - kettle bell ex's for turn work (see last post) and balanced weight shift.

grip, stance, steady head, balanced weight shift x 5 mins

will try to get out to range this morning with my 8 yo boy. 

-Jonny

6 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

10/26 - kettle bell ex's for turn work (see last post) and balanced weight shift.

grip, stance, steady head, balanced weight shift x 5 mins

will try to get out to range this morning with my 8 yo boy. 

10/26 (Part II) - went to range with my 8yo, we each hit a bucket. I hit ok. Driver (SV4) is markedly improved over past 3-4 weeks regarding accuracy. Approach shots (SV4) was mediocre for me. Weight shift and low point control improving.

-Jonny

10/26: Range work on most recent video lesson from Evolvr. Backswing, backswing, backswing. Grip too. Feels like the club is way more closed than I'm used to, but I think the big change might be just what I needed to help feel like the club needs to come in from a different angle. Interesting development today by changing to that stronger grip (more knuckles visible at address). Oh, and I worked on flat left wrist too, as I get to A4. Why is that so darned hard to keep flat? Work in progress.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Didn't post last night, but got some swings in in the back yard before I discovered my neighbor in her back yard trying to figure out where rats are getting into her attic. 

Tonight I split a bag O balls with the boy. I really need to find him a good instructor down here. As for me, hitting. The ball well. Feels like I'm staying behind it much better. Liking the higher trajectory especially with my driver. Going to keep working on what I've been working on. 

- Shane

10/27 - putting on "quick" commercial carpet this morning with focus on "bead" from 6ft.

-Jonny

10/28 - grip, stance, slow takeaway, balance weight shift x 5 mins w/wedge

-Jonny

Played a scramble today at Championsgate. Hit a bucket on the range. Score and was hitting the driver very well. 

This course was the home of David Ledbetter and the "A Swing". Scary stuff. 

- Shane

On October 28, 2016 at 7:04 AM, woodzie264 said:

10/29 - ^^^^ with 7i

-Jonny

On October 28, 2016 at 7:04 AM, woodzie264 said:

10/30 - ^^^^^ hope to play 9 holes Friday

-Jonny

10/31 - happy Halloween! Kettle bell swings to reinforce balance weight shift with focus on higher turn. 

Grip, stance, head position, slow take away, balance weight shift with wedge x 10 mins.

tomorrow makes 4 straight months of the 5 mins challenge

-Jonny

10/29, 10/30- Both range days. Small buckets, trying to drill home my last lesson results. What a struggle- again, things feel to have gone off kilter. I had thought I was making progress last week, but that was more like seeing a fake oasis in the desert. The grip is feeling off, and my backswing is not feeling as athletic as it once did. My downswing is off the table for now as far as a piece to work on, but the steepness has actually gotten worse. 

More mirror work today, and a full review of lessons, as a reminder of the things I have tweaked along the way.

My Swing

10/31 (Part II) - 10ft putts x 20 mins with focus on bead & speed

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!