IGNORED

Putting.......HELP!!!

Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, maybe not as dramatic as the headline reads, but I am looking for some input.

I have had a couple of lessons with putting lately (one at a charity event and one that I paid for). Charity event was with Dave Stockton Jr and he is amazing. Not very technical, but very much feel, visualize and believe. My teacher was more technical. 

Few of the things I have to work on are staying steady over the putt and not letting my head move backward at impact. I think I can do this. I can focus on keeping my head, but, etc still and at least in practice, can do that.

The other big thing both pointed out was i really release the club head at and at impact. I thought I was doing the right thing, but when both pointed out the same thing, I may need to change, but I am having a devil of a time actually making that change. Stockton image was to keep the shaft perpendicular to the ground and be able to drop your putter to the turf after impact. Instructor was to feel like my hands were moving past my left pocket. 

Both of these make total sense to me, but I am still not able to do it. Can anyone give me other ideas to actually make this happen?

All input welcome. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I share the same problem with my head moving back at impact.

When I train my eyes so they are more focus on a specific part of the putter than I tend to keep from excessive head /neck movements

One of the things that also seem to help me is to "hold the finish" so the putter blade is square at the hole/AP spot at the end of the stroke. This seems to train my muscles to match up to the target I set with my eyes.

I tend to look at a spot in front of the ball, that is on my chosen aim line. I roll the ball over it. That spot is only an inch or two in front of the ball, so that ball is still in my field of view. 

By watching that spot, and the ball rolling over it, that seems to decrease any extra body movements that might cause me to hit the ball off line. By the time the ball rolls over the spot, the club face is also past impacting the ball. Any extra body movements after impact is no big deal. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!