IGNORED

My Swing (Sirsteveo55)

sirsteveo55
Note: This thread is 2614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 months
My current handicap index or average score is: 18
My typical ball flight is:  Hit straight 50% of time other 50% is me topping the ball or slicing hard. 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I just want to be more consistent 

Good Afternoon,

I am new to golfing, I am looking for some advice on my swing. I have been doing alot of research on ways to get better, and I thought it would be a good idea to video my swing and upload it here. I have been trying to play at least once a week or at least hit some golf balls at the range. I would say 50% of my shots are solid and go straight. 30% of my shots I hit solid and they slice hard The last 20% I do not hit sold and top the ball or have a weak slice. I am not looking to be an amazing best golfer ever I am just looking to get better to enjoy the game more when playing with friends. 

Videos: 

https://youtu.be/nF88Sy5RCKc

https://youtu.be/DITJ1OBkqTE

Edited by sirsteveo55

14 hours ago, sirsteveo55 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 months
My current handicap index or average score is: 18
My typical ball flight is:  Hit straight 50% of time other 50% is me topping the ball or slicing hard. 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I just want to be more consistent 

Good Afternoon,

I am new to golfing, I am looking for some advice on my swing. I have been doing alot of research on ways to get better, and I thought it would be a good idea to video my swing and upload it here. I have been trying to play at least once a week or at least hit some golf balls at the range. I would say 50% of my shots are solid and go straight. 30% of my shots I hit solid and they slice hard The last 20% I do not hit sold and top the ball or have a weak slice. I am not looking to be an amazing best golfer ever I am just looking to get better to enjoy the game more when playing with friends. 

Videos: 

https://youtu.be/nF88Sy5RCKc

https://youtu.be/DITJ1OBkqTE

Welcome to the Sand Trap. Set the videos to either unlisted or public and they will imbed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two things. 

1. Please hit a ball. Even it is a whiffle ball or foam ball, but your brain and body react differently when there is a ball present. Your just gonna have to trust me that after watching a ton of golf swings the ball makes a difference, so any advice I give on a swing without a ball may not be worth much to you.

2. What are you using to record? A phone? It should have a mode where you can get higher frame rate video. In the iPhone it is called Slo Mo. Use that. More information makes it easier to get better advice.

• Upvote 1

Michael

57 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Two things. 

1. Please hit a ball. Even it is a whiffle ball or foam ball, but your brain and body react differently when there is a ball present. Your just gonna have to trust me that after watching a ton of golf swings the ball makes a difference, so any advice I give on a swing without a ball may not be worth much to you.

2. What are you using to record? A phone? It should have a mode where you can get higher frame rate video. In the iPhone it is called Slo Mo. Use that. More information makes it easier to get better advice.

I am using my iPhone I will use the slow mo next time. I hopefully will be able to take some videos at the range this week and I will upload them. Thanks for the advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few more videos from when I went to the range today, they are from the side and back with a pitching wedge and driver. I hit a few balls in each video so you can have a good sample of my swing. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

• Administrator

Big hip sway back away from the ball. Watch the hips.

Do a lot of that drill.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Big hip sway back away from the ball. Watch the hips.

Do a lot of that drill.

I went and hit a bucket of balls before I played 9 holes today, I really focused on my hip sway. Its crazy how 1 tip can change your game so much. I was hitting the ball straighter and farther than I ever have.

Thank a lot for the help! 

• 3 months later...

A couple new swings from today with an 8 Iron. I was striking the ball good I felt. From looking at these videos, what I notice is that in my backswing I open the face of the club to much by the time the club is parallel to the deck. Does anyone else think that? Any tips are appreciated. Thanks

Note: This thread is 2614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!