IGNORED

How many hobbies do you have??

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 2736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 10/12/2016 at 10:52 PM, Patch said:

Off, and on I probably have 6, or 7 going for me. Golf is probably #3 on my list. I just like to keep busy. :beer:

Time spent on them varies on what I want to accomplish. If I had to guess, I would say 30-40 hours a week. 

I have similar number of hobbies: short term stock trading, golf are two major ones.  They occupy my week days.  Other hobbies include reading books, listening to music, following Japanese sumo wrestling, gardening, learning new languages, ..., and doing absolutely nothing at times.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I get up at 3:15am to go to gym, come home and prep for my Sunday morning life group (I lead our college class at church), get kids up & ready for school, go to work, come home unwind, and go to bed. My discretionary time, like most dad's with younger families, is very limited and I will always put what little time that I have for myself to golf. I probably get out to play 1-2/month and get to the range as much.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 10/13/2016 at 2:50 PM, drmevo said:

Yeah, that's the worst part.  I had gigs in Portland ME and Portsmouth NH last weekend and both are a nightmare in terms of parking. I showed up 3 hours early for both just to make sure I got a spot.

I'm from Maine, love Portland, what bars did you play at?

My Number 1 hobbie is golf, I play so much now all these other hobbies have gone way done.  I play almost 7 days a week.  It's rare that I  don't get there every day, bad weather or travel are about the only thing that gets in the way.

My wife and I travel 3-4 times a year to play golf.  Always a bonus. When your significant other has the same golf passion.

I still enjoy playing video games.

Hobbies that have gone by the wayside:

Used to play bass in several bands in NO. VA and a metal band in Baltimore.  Haven't done any gigs in several years, not sure where I would find the time. Can still play the piano, took lessons for 12  years when I was a kid.  I too have had plenty of guitars over the years.  Currently have my Musicanman Bongo.  Sold all my others when I stopped playing.

Used to do a lot of bike riding (road).  Still have my Trek but haven't ridden it in over a year.

Maybe sometime I'll go back to these other hobbies, but golf is pretty much all time consuming.

Still go to sporting events, just got back from Pittsburgh, where I got to see the Pat's beat the Steelers.  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

How many hobbies do I have? Too damn many! And golf takes up more than it's fair share of the time! Heck, once I get my bow, shotgun, and rifle sighted in, I'm good to go. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work for golf!

Not as many as I used to maybe 3 or 4 depending on the season.  I used to hunt and fish a lot but this will be the first year I haven't hunted since I was 18 and first year I haven't fished since I was looked at as another limit if I could fit on the boat (our second child was born in June). I plan to do more hunting and fishing when my kids are a little older but for me, golf just takes up less time and I am still around the house after an early round Saturday morning to get my chores done.

It used to be fast pitch softball, tennis and golf and building golf clubs. Now it is golf and reading. I don't know if watching sports is a hobby, but I love to watch baseball during the season. 

Edited by shanksalot

8 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I'm from Maine, love Portland, what bars did you play at?

I love Portland too. I'm not from Maine, but I can see it from the end of my driveway. :beer:

That weekend, the Portland venue was called Space Gallery. Another up there we'll play now and then is callled Blue. 

40 minutes ago, drmevo said:

I love Portland too. I'm not from Maine, but I can see it from the end of my driveway. :beer:

That weekend, the Portland venue was called Space Gallery. Another up there we'll play now and then is callled Blue. 

Was up there in July, haven't been to those two places, but then again I moved to No. VA in 2006, so not surprising.  Love the Old Port.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Golf in the spring/summer/fall

Pool in the fall/winter/spring; though we're starting to get quotes for an addition to the house for my table.  If we go through with it, pool will be a year-round pursuit again.  

Photography.  This seems to be gradually taking over other interests.

Bicycling/kayaking/skiiing.  weather-permitting

Reading books.  Whenever I'm not doing any of the other things.

I have to say that I'm surprised at the number of drummers who have responded.  I played through college and it seemed that bands were always looking for drummers.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!