IGNORED

How many hobbies do you have??

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 2738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Off, and on I probably have 6, or 7 going for me. Golf is probably #3 on my list. I just like to keep busy. :beer:

Time spent on them varies on what I want to accomplish. If I had to guess, I would say 30-40 hours a week. 

s

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Before marriage....

race motocross, scuba dive, karate, tennis, hockey

After marriage (many moons ago..)

golf, mountain biking, radio control airplanes and table tennis.  These are seasonal and since I've just retired, I will have to fire up my xc skis this winter if we have good snow.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I was just thinking about starting this topic the other day.

My hobbies are repairing things (I like to tinker with things), writing Excel golf scoring and stat spreadsheets (presently working on Mobile Golf App's and Live score keeping applications) and I used to dabble in Metal Art.

GECKO BATH.JPGRB 1.JPGTB 2.JPGMR PUTTER.JPGTurtle.JPG

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

This is where I have to face that I have a problem.  ;-)

Golf:  3-4 days per week (walking in evenings, mostly)

Tennis:  Once a week

Model / R/C planes & helicopters:  In my yard (small stuff), or at local R/C field (bigger stuff) 1-2 days per week

Musician:  Lifelong drummer (at my e-kit 3/4 nights a week), but also piano & guitar

Writing:  Short-fiction writer, and help others w/editing & critique

Others:  Billiards (8' table in my 'music/writing/planes/chillaxing mancave').  Astronomy (12" Dobsonian in said mancave).  Charcoal artist.  Huge University of Alabama & Boston Bruins fan

I suppose I'm idle-phobic and prone to cabin-fever.  Balance hubby/dad well enough that the wife is cool w/it all, God bless 'er.

BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Other than golf,...lifting weights and racing karts. Racing karts takes up A LOT of time! We are about to sellout of karts though, as my wife wants to finish her RN and I plan on using the kart operation money to pay cash for her school.

I am thinking of trying out 3 gun competitions next year though

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

For me, it's golf, drumming, archery, hunting and fishing. How much time I spend on each hobby depends on the time of year. Right now it's getting to the point where I have to decide if my big weekend activity is going to be golf or hunting. Usually golf wins out, but as it gets colder I'll tend to go hunting instead.

I typically only get one half day a weekend at best for my hobbies that take me out of the house. I have a wife and 5-year-old son, so that's the way it should be. I haven't gotten him out on the golf course except for a couple of special family days, but he does like to go fishing so we'll do that together over the summer.

I play the drums throughout the year and gig about every week or two on average. 

14 minutes ago, drmevo said:

I play the drums throughout the year and gig about every week or two on average. 

I miss gigging. I don't really miss load in/out. I'm hoping to find a band here in FL that has roadies who do all the work. :-)

- Shane

1. Gigging musician.  My band plays what we call the 'festival season.'  Band performs at outdoor, family-friendly events from Memorial Day through the end of September.  We just finished up two weeks ago and played 12 shows this season.  Revenues earned from playing shows each season pays for my favorite hobby which is ...

2. GOLF!  Gig money pays for my league and pretty much all the rest of golf season rounds.

3. Photography.  And you guys think golf is expensive?  I have 3 lenses.  I could fill three golf bags with the latest equipment for the cost of the three lenses in my camera bag.  Shooting small town Ohio and other small town US cities is what I enjoy most.

4. Guitars.  Don't even get me started on the number of guitars I've owned, bought and sold over the past 15 years.  My current stable includes a vintage Rickenbacker 360v 12-string guitar and two Fender Custom Shop 1969 heavy relic models.

5. Travel that includes golf, gambling and good food.  The wife and I go on 2-3 of such trips annually.  We like FL, (Tampa and Orlando areas) MS Gulf Coast region and Phoenix/Scottsdale. We do a beach vacation to N Carolina each year but have found playing golf in hurricane like wind isn't 'our bag,' baby.

6. Watching / attending pro sporting events.  Huge Cleveland (pro) and Ohio State fans are the wife and me.

And those are the things that take up most of my discretionary time.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I miss gigging. I don't really miss load in/out. I'm hoping to find a band here in FL that has roadies who do all the work. :-)

Yeah, that's the worst part.  I had gigs in Portland ME and Portsmouth NH last weekend and both are a nightmare in terms of parking. I showed up 3 hours early for both just to make sure I got a spot.

19 minutes ago, dave s said:

1. Gigging musician.  My band plays what we call the 'festival season.'  Band performs at outdoor, family-friendly events from Memorial Day through the end of September.  We just finished up two weeks ago and played 12 shows this season.  Revenues earned from playing shows each season pays for my favorite hobby which is ...

2. GOLF!  Gig money pays for my league and pretty much all the rest of golf season rounds.

3. Photography.  And you guys think golf is expensive?  I have 3 lenses.  I could fill three golf bags with the latest equipment for the cost of the three lenses in my camera bag.  Shooting small town Ohio and other small town US cities is what I enjoy most.

4. Guitars.  Don't even get me started on the number of guitars I've owned, bought and sold over the past 15 years.  My current stable includes a vintage Rickenbacker 360v 12-string guitar and two Fender Custom Shop 1969 heavy relic models.

5. Travel that includes golf, gambling and good food.  The wife and I go on 2-3 of such trips annually.  We like FL, (Tampa and Orlando areas) MS Gulf Coast region and Phoenix/Scottsdale. We do a beach vacation to N Carolina each year but have found playing golf in hurricane like wind isn't 'our bag,' baby.

6. Watching / attending pro sporting events.  Huge Cleveland (pro) and Ohio State fans are the wife and me.

And those are the things that take up most of my discretionary time.

dave

Send me a message the next time you plan to be in Central, FL. We can tee it up somewhere. 

- Shane

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Send me a message the next time you plan to be in Central, FL. We can tee it up somewhere. 

I'll be down your way over the Christmas holiday season.  Can we play in Central Florida that week?  If so, let me know and I'll bring the sticks.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

16 minutes ago, dave s said:

I'll be down your way over the Christmas holiday season.  Can we play in Central Florida that week?  If so, let me know and I'll bring the sticks.

dave

I will be around.

- Shane

WOW!!! You all have some serious hobbying going on! I feel guilty about playing golf once a week. And its my only hobby! I mean habit... I mean hobby! :-D

Working out (weights, swimming and running - at least one of these everyday), riding motorcycle (Kawasaki Ninja EX300) - at least 3-4 times a week when the weather is good, fishing, and recently I'm trying to learn to play a piano.

Of course golf is given.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Sadly little.

Aside from work and golf, I watch a helluva lot of hockey and football. Once in awhile I stumble into the gym and try to moderate the fat a bit.  I also have to take care of the yard work for both my place and my mum's.

I suppose that when I have time, it's pretty hard not to go to the course.

Note: This thread is 2738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!