IGNORED

Looking for a new Wedge

Note: This thread is 5984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My current wedge a Cleveland 588 is showing signs of wear from 100+ rounds and subsequently I'm looking at getting a new one in the off season. Any advice would be appreciated, I know that Cleveland has a dozen different types and there are always the Titiest and others.

Thanks in advance

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

If you have great feel for your old wedge you can hold on to it . There are pro shops that can regroove the face and reangle the lie to match your specs . Maybe a New soft grip can be placed to give you more feel . Its your call . There are a lot of great wedges from Major manufacturers but you will have to take time out to try them and see which fits your style . Happy Hunting

If you like the Clevelands, look at the Callaway X Tour wedges formed by Roger Cleveland. Be warned though, the grooves will rip the face off a golf ball.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics 9* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Shaft
3 Wood: Titleist 906F2 15* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
5 wood: Taylor Made V Steel 18* with Stiff Grafalloy Blue Prototype Comp NT Shaft
Hybrid: Nickent Hybrid 3 iron with DG S300 Steel Shaft
Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW...

I have always loved my Titlesist Vokey spin-milled.

Have you ever tried them?

Prior to that I like the Cleveland CG10-they are just classics IMO
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

I bought a 60˚ Ping Tour W wedge and loved it. Two weeks ago I ordered a sand and gap wedge in the same model. Great face feel and spin out of them.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I love the feel of the my Mizuno T-Series (Black Nickel) wedges. They inspire confidence and don't rip the ball as much as the Volkey Spin Mill (I own a couple of these as well). The Volkey's stop the ball on a dime but I prefer the feel of the forged Mizunos. I will swap one for a Volkey however if the greens are hard/dry. Usually the 58* swapped for my Mizuno 56* SW.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

@jammer

Do you have the latest 2008 model or the older ones?
I have the 2008 ones but wasn't able to take them out since I got them.
I am surprised that you say, that they are not comparable in terms of spin to the vokeys!

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

How much do you want to spend?

Scratch Golf makes the best wedges in golf; they are forged (unlike Cleveland and Vokey) and completely custom. You can have whatever finish, bounce, lie, length, grind, shaft, stamping, your heart desires. Like I said, you'll pay a little more but they'll treat you like a tour pro. (Wish I could afford them )

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

I just swapped my 588 56 for a vokey spin milled 54/10. It is more versatile than the 588 because I ordered the medium bounce. I also bought the 60/08.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 5984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!