IGNORED

Hello from Texas

MrGolfguy67
Note: This thread is 2736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was 85 degrees here today, still good golf weather

fairways & greens boys

• Upvote 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Welcome to TST. Jerk. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

It was 85 degrees here today, still good golf weather

fairways & greens boys

You've never really lived until you play in 35-degree weather with flurries and a 20-mile per hour wind. Don't imagine you Texans get much of that though. 

23 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

You've never really lived until you play in 35-degree weather with flurries and a 20-mile per hour wind. Don't imagine you Texans get much of that though. 

Been there. Done that. Moved to Florida, where the good weather is at.

Welcome to TST. Nice and sunny with low 80's here today. :beer::beer:

- Shane

4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

About 10 years ago I actually played in 32 degrees / 25 mph north winds on Galveston Island of all places; golf is a 12 month a year sport in Texas so you get to play in temps from the 30s to the 100s.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

1 hour ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

About 10 years ago I actually played in 32 degrees / 25 mph north winds on Galveston Island of all places; golf is a 12 month a year sport in Texas so you get to play in temps from the 30s to the 100s.

10 years ago? I barely remember what I did yesterday.

My city courses stay open year round depending on the weather, so I play when the ground isn't frozen. Around here that's usually good for a few rounds in January or February. Sometimes more if Mother Nature is kind to us.

Note: This thread is 2736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!