IGNORED

What do you think of John Daly?

sirsteveo55
Note: This thread is 2569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Exactly Jack.  What else is there to squander your money on if not booze drugs and women ( in various orders). Meeting others expectations is a ridiculous way to go through life.  Frank singing "My Way" should be a theme song for John.  I too would rather have him playing.  The Champions Senior tour is dull populated by the fabulously talented largely unheralded and maybe unknown golfers who landed into a money pit long after they might have had to take real jobs.  Daly might never dominate the score but he'll always be the attraction. 

I believe John Daly is a victim of an illness called Alcoholism.  I don't have a thing in the world against wine, women, and song.  If it interferes with you being in control of you life however, you have a problem. I believe that to be the case with John Daly.

Butch

I dont really have an opinion about him one way or another. But pros I've heard talk about him through comments or interviews suggest he was the most naturally gifted golfer they've ever seen. So in that regard, i guess i would classify him as a wasted talent. 

1 hour ago, ghalfaire said:

I believe John Daly is a victim of an illness called Alcoholism.  

Is that like the "illness" of gambling addiction?

Let's call it a "condition" instead.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Is that like the "illness" of gambling addiction?

Let's call it a "condition" instead.

No it is not like gambling addiction.  In the case of Alcoholism the addict is consuming a drug, alcohol.  

Butch

6 hours ago, ghalfaire said:

No it is not like gambling addiction.  In the case of Alcoholism the addict is consuming a drug, alcohol.  

I was attempting a joke at the term "illness" to describe alcoholism.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

7 hours ago, Shorty said:

I was attempting a joke at the term "illness" to describe alcoholism.

Fair enough, no offense taken.  Perhaps I over react to comments about addictions as I have had ample examples of addiction up close and personal.  It is terribly sad what these addicts do to themselves and their families and friends.

Butch

Many years ago I used to play in a local league with an older friend of mine who had two sons on the PGA tour (you can figure out who pretty easily). During one of our drives back from a tournament I asked him about John Daly. I remember him talking about how much his sons and the other tour players really liked John, that he was a very personable guy. I get that from what I've seen of John, too. 

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

Note: This thread is 2569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!