IGNORED

Ever Been Hit by a Golf Ball?

Wanzo

• Administrator

Paging @boogielicious

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 minutes ago, iacas said:

Paging @boogielicious

Me! Today! We teed off on a par 3. One guy hit into a hazard short of the green. Myself and the other two started walking toward the green. We suddenly hear, “Look Out!”. I cover my head and the ball hits my wrist (instead of my head) and ricochets into the hazard. He apologized but WTF! He said nothing about hitting again.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Me! Today! We teed off on a par 3. One guy hit into a hazard short of the green. Myself and the other two started walking toward the green. We suddenly hear, “Look Out!”. I cover my head and the ball hits my wrist (instead of my head) and ricochets into the hazard. He apologized but WTF! He said nothing about hitting again.

Was he a stranger or an ex-friend?  😉 

Brian Kuehn

6 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Was he a stranger or an ex-friend?  😉 

The three other guys, including him, are retired mechanical engineers. They were nice enough, but this guy was a danger the whole round. He’d walk behind me when I was hitting or putting. He shanked the ball at least four times. He’d drive his cart ahead of me before I hit and his buddies would call him back. Generally a hazard to navigation as we say here on the coast.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Haven't been hit recently, but had a couple of lucky close calls years ago. Once, when standing on the green leaning on my putter in front of me, a ball came from a blind shot below the hill and hit the putter shaft. Would have hit a very sensitive area if I wasn't so lucky. On another occasion, I heard "fore" when coming off the green, so I simply put my hand on the top of my head and continued walking. The ball hit the back of my gloved hand. Worst case I saw was a kit getting hit directly in the forehead with a fairway wood shot at close range. Kid went down and out, with a golf ball sized lump on his head. Pretty frightening.