IGNORED

Wilson Triton...Hype or Real Deal/Should I buy?

Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think it is non-conforming.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I think it is non-conforming.

It was a thing with the sole that they've corrected.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I wouldn't buy anything in the first year of release.  Retail $$$ is just too much considering the marginal (if any) gains we get generation to generation.  Frankly it's all marketing, IMHO.

But if one has to spend $$$, then I'd not recommend any specific club no matter how it plays for me.  I'd just say for that amount of money, go get a good fitting and try out ALL of them and pick the one you like best.  (maybe do a search of reviews to exclude those that might break or malfunction after a short time, but even then, I'd expect a company to stand by their product and repair/replace it.  I've had great results in that area from Nike drivers......but, they are off the list now for new equipment)

just one guy's opinion - Wilson's likely a reputable outfit, but so are pretty much all of them - that show was just another low cost Golf Channel subsidized not-so-subtle product/brand advertisement

Bill - 

9 hours ago, jamesdav12 said:

Greetings,

So the Wilson Triton has been getting a lot of press particularly from Golf Channel. What do you guys think? Is it hype or is it an actual good driver?

Check it out here http://amzn.to/2icWBON

Thanks!

I don't know if I would buy from a golf company that more or less admitted that they were out of ideas and then picked a driver design with design elements the industry has already beaten to death.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

1 hour ago, SavvySwede said:

I don't know if I would buy from a golf company that more or less admitted that they were out of ideas and then picked a driver design with design elements the industry has already beaten to death.

Compare to the competition -  that can't yet admit it.  ;-)

Bill - 

I went to the local golf store today to try the new Callaway epic drivers. I play Callaway equipment and have for years. After spending almost an hour switching shafts I was able to dial it in. Just for fun my buddy who works at the store brought out the Wilson triton. I thought that it would be junk but I was dead wrong. The club is as hot as any I have ever hit. I was completely shocked and impressed. Most Wilson equipment is terrible, but not this driver. I highly recommend you test it out before purchasing another brand of driver.  

i think it's all a bunch of hype. u can always go to the stores and test it out for your self. but for me i wouldn't even bother even picking it up. your better off going with TM or the new Epic drivers. unless you really like the TV driver. either way you go can't go wrong. it's jus not a driver that drawls me saying "hit me" 

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

Just can't bring myself to playing anything Wilson.  They have a big issue with brand confidence in the golf industry right now even though they have been coming out with better stuff lately.  Was at a golf shop a few weeks ago and owner said the Triton is a legit driver and customers have been surprised with its performance, but at its price point customers are not bringing themselves to buying it when they can get an M1/M2 cheaper now or spend a little more on a 917.  More confidence in those proven brands at the same or slightly cheaper prices.

Note: This thread is 2657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!