IGNORED

Official 2008 Sand Trap Fantasy League

iacas
Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
My team has been set.

After making your picks you have to "Finalize" or whatever it's called. "Confirm" maybe.

Anyway, I've caught myself almost not doing that step too. It shows your six picks and you just click the "Confirm" button, but it's non-obvious that input is required there. Bad UI, I agree.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After making your picks you have to "Finalize" or whatever it's called. "Confirm" maybe.

A habit I got in from BB and carry over to PE is to go back a few hours after making my picks and ensure the team shows up as I intend it. Not foolproof, but worth a shot and an easy fix on my end to what I agree is a bad UI.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yeah, unfortunately I found that out after the fact. DOH! But it's all good. I'm sitting fairly high up in our league with missing a week.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

• 3 weeks later...
Tough week this time. It was a good thing that I had Vijay, my next guy on the leaderboard was Furyk. Three of my guys were zeroes with Phil being one of them.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Tough week this time. It was a good thing that I had Vijay, my next guy on the leaderboard was Furyk. Three of my guys were zeroes with Phil being one of them.

I was in the exact same boat. I almost had to cheer for that creep. I will settle for 2nd place points if it keeps him from winning.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I noticed that last week you were #98 for the entire week. Not too shabby.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I noticed that last week you were #98 for the entire week. Not too shabby.

Thanks. I did not even notice that. I just went back and looked. I was in a 48 way tie for 51st, but I must have had the worst tiebreaker. I tend to pick obscure guys for my 7th guy.

Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

I managed to snag 2700 (Vijay), 364 (Furyk), 56 (Brandt), and 185 (Quinney). Mahan and Phil were bombs. 3305 total. But heck, I had one week with only 1000 points... And I moved up 631 spots in the overall ranking. I'm all of 1861 now. I'm also ninth in our league.

Bad week all around, eh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I managed to snag 2700 (Vijay), 364 (Furyk), 56 (Brandt), and 185 (Quinney). Mahan and Phil were bombs. 3305 total. But heck, I had one week with only 1000 points... And I moved up 631 spots in the overall ranking. I'm all of 1861 now. I'm also ninth

Yeah, luckily I went with Vijay or I would have had nothing. Weir and Snedeker were the only other two on my team to pull points. I'm 5th in our league and just jumped inside the top 1,000 overall. I think thats pretty solid for missing a weeks worth of points completely.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Top Ten
1. PutterHead
2. gogolfing19
3. TourSpoon
4. SRJORION
5. 1848
6. Shindig
7. Ben
8. Long and Wrong
9. Erik
10. Jeff92

It was one of those weeks that looked too good to be true and was. When you can get Phil, Vijay and Furyk on one team you have to figure three off the best in the world will pull some points. If Phil didn't crap the bed on Saturday he could have been right there.

Kevin Na managed to get me a few points, but Brian Gay withdrew and I didn't double check Thursday AM.

It was a lean week. I was chomping at the bit when I saw that I could have Phil, Fyruk and Vijay (I may hate him, but points are points). Throw in Kevin Na and I was stoked. I managed just over 3100 points, which isn't terrible considering that the weekly winner had 3959.

Too bad I entered my week 1 roster under the wrong league or I'd be in the top 10 of ours.

Wow! First place. I got pretty lucky. I too was drooling @ picking Phil, Furyk, & Vijay. I also picked Elkington, Perez, & Quinney. So far it's harder this year. Things are going a bit wonky, but it's been to my advantage. I want to get into the top 100 of everyone. Right now I think I'm 114. But boy, can that change quickly, both ways. Still, a lot of fun picking. Good luck to everyone from the Sand Trap, but not too much...

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Yes

Things can change in a hurry. I went from 88th overall down to 254th in a single week, and got knocked out of first in the Sandtrap league for the first time this season. Watch your back putterhead See we have 2 Canadians at the top of the list for the Sandtrap League

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Yes

Well 2.5 Canadians. My father was born in Montreal and moved to Florida in the 60s and married a local. So I get half credit.

I signed up, but im not quite sure how this works. Where do we see our Ranking and such? When i click "My Ranking" it does not work.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well 2.5 Canadians. My father was born in Montreal and moved to Florida in the 60s and married a local. So I get half credit.

Even better

I signed up, but im not quite sure how this works. Where do we see our Ranking and such? When i click "My Ranking" it does not work.

Click on the standings button and it should show you the overall first and then the Sandtrap League at the bottom; that's what works for me.

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!