IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par 5 I pulled my tee shot but it went a ton. I had 215 to the flag but was in some trees and had more trees for about 75 yards, leaving the right edge of the green visible. I hit a 4-hybrid super solid, kept it low with a little draw. It rolled up the fairway and onto the green leaving me an 18 footer for eagle which I left short by 0.5 inches. Tap in birdie was great.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Played a local course from the Blues today for the first time. I had been playing a fade most of the day, but I wanted to get some real distance on 12 so I gave my swing just a little extra. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do as you don't pull your driver out of the bag on holes 9-11. That extra "Ummph" really accentuated the fade and I ended up on the fairway of the parallel hole to my right about 120 yds out staring right into a large patch of high trees. Not wanting to give up a stroke on the hole, I club'd up to a 9-iron and launched the ball over the trees, 6 feet from the cup, and pin high. I was able to carry the momentum of that shot through most of the back 9.

Well, the other day was my second time ever golfing and chiped up onto the fringe about 10' from the hole and putted in for a par! It was my first par.
In my Walter Hagen bag...
Pro Kennex Driver
3 & 5 Woods
Irons
Cheap Wedge OZ Mallet Putter BallsThe wife has the Hope set.

Had a few clutch shots yesterday that made the people i was playing with get angry because i hit them so well... il go with my top 2..

Hole was 422 dead straight but very narrow fairway. The no. 1 handicap hole on the course. I bomb a 305 yard drive down the center of the fairway and am sitting a little over 100 in front of the green. Birdied the hole.

Next hole was a 210 yd par 3. I hit a 5 iron directly at the stick but 6 feet too long. 2 putt'd for a par.
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

Not so much good shooting, but gratifying at least. Was playing pretty sharp dog leg that went left to right. I played 4 balls down which covered the width of the fairway and which were also equidistance apart. I lol'd

AP2 710's (4-P) / s400
909D X-Stiff
909F X-Stiff
909H X-Stiff
Vokey Wedges 53deg/58deg / s300 White Hot XG #1

After a lack luster day at the course I was a little frustrated, I shouldn't have been because I have recently changed my swing and haven't had a enough time to be consistent with it. Anyway I came to the 295 yard 18th hole a settled down and swung a sweet swing. I landed just outside the fringe a couple of feet about middle green. Chipped within 10-12 ft and sank the putt for birdie. Instantly washing all the not so good holes away.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing a money game. Up one stroke going into 18, a short par 4. My drive went into right rough. My opponent's drive was in the fairway. He stuck his 2nd to within 8 feet.

I decided to take the tougher shot at the pin, rather than play it safe and aim for the fat part of the green.

My 2nd shot clipped a branch and fell straight down onto the cart path - - where it stayed, and rolled back down the hill. Rolled past me, past my opponent, and finally rolled into the grass...

I was 25 yards farther away - now hitting 3.

I holed it for birdie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

short par 4 dogleg left. I played a 5 iron draw and started it too much in the middle of the fairway and ended up to the left of the cart path in some trees. I had one tree blocking my approach to the green so I couldn't go straight at it. I've been working on my swing path to get more inside to out...and I've been able to incorporate more draw shots but I hadn't tried a punch with a draw yet. I was about 145 out. Again with the 5i pulled the shot off ended up about a foot short of the green on the fringe. Saved par.

on a Par 3 142yds down hill over a slight creek...took a 8i and placed it 7ft from the pin....(pin high) to the left........still only managed Par...LOL

My best shot this week came out of the sand on my 3rd to get up and down for par. I was having a really tough round with 2 previous blowup holes and had left one in the sand earlier in the day. Out of this quarter to half buried lie I just sprayed it out to under 2 feet despite the tricky pin placement. Sank the putt and my confidence went up a couple of points.

Short oar 4 with water on the right and left of the fairway with minimal rough to stop the ball. Laid up as I always do with 6 iron off the tee to take the water out of play. Had 145 left, a bit downhill looking directly into the sun. Afraid to hit it left, as the water comes back into play left of the green, I aimed a bit right of the flag and told myself to commit. Saw it go up, lost it in the sun, and heard "thud...tink". Eagle!

Speedline 9032 9.5* Aldila Voodoo RNV6 Shaft
Exotics XCG 15* Fairway
AD Hybrids, 17* / 21* / 24* Aldila NVR
CG7 Black Pearl 6-PW, 1* Strong 2* Up
CG15 Wedges, 52-10* / 56-10* / 60-12* DSG 33.5" Rossa Monza Ghost Pro V1, Penta TP 1600 Tournament EditionHome Club: Stone Creek Golf Club,...

Hit the green off the tee on a par 4, marked 317. No idea how I did it as I average 270-290.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

There is a severe dogleg left par 4 at my local course and to get a good look at the green you need to drive over the trees and carry the ball about 210 to see the flag since the fairway is uphill and the green is tucked under a small hill and my drive went 3 inches off the fairway and I had 120 to go so I took a 9i and pulled it to the left of the green and had a difficult side hill chip and knocked that to 2 feet and scrambled for par. It was fun!

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

Sunk a 16 foot big breaking putt for a birdie in a scramble.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

Well, not much golf for me this week, and I played pretty badly when I did get out. But it set up the following shot:

3rd shot on a par 5 from about 205 yards out deep in the trees on the right side of the fairway. I had an opening into the fairway, but unless I faded it it would have went 25 yards left of the green at least. I don't really have the ability to shape shots very well, but I opened up the clubface and took a normal swing and hit it perfectly into the opening and watched as it faded directly on line with the flag stick. Unfortunately it was into the wind and landed about 5 yards short of the green and I couldn't get up and down for par (back flag location). Definitely my best shot of the week though.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I sunk a 27 yard shot with my PW. I was about 20 yds down a slope off the green for a par 4 on that hole. I could see the top 30 inches of the flag stick. I'll take good luck over average skill any day.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized