IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I was platying a new course today.

On the 18th hole I hit my 2nd shot into a deep pot bunker next to the green.
The lip was over my head.

I decided to go for it and open the clubface until it was nearly pointing backwards.
I smashed the shot up into the air and it stopped 5 feet from the hole!

I missed the putt though but I was still happy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I had a hole out from the sand on a short par 4 for eagle on last saturday. My first bunker hole-out for birdie or better!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

It's not really one great shot, but I played really poorly in a tournament yesterday and then birdied 17 and 18 from 20 feet and 40 feet.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17th at Quail Hollow. 95 yard SW to 3'. Drop the bird for my 3rd of the round.

Could also be my 3W tee shot on the tiny par-4, 3rd at QH. Put a perfect cut on it to about 20'. Easy 2-putt bird.

I had a hole out from the sand on a short par 4 for eagle on last saturday. My first bunker hole-out for birdie or better!

Ha that's funny, my brother holed out from a fairway bunker for eagle the other day too!

As for my best shot of the week, probably a 35-ish foot putt, for PAR. ha
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

The last time I play was on Sunday, I was on the 9ht hole about 160 away from the green with a nice sized pond in the front of the green. I told my self if I got close enough to the green I was going for it. Well I can constantly hit my 6 iron that far and even farther. So I step to the ball and swing away, I connected perfectly, it felt great. I get to the green with the wife and notice I don't see my ball.. I checked everywhere. She asked me if I checked the cup, I said no.. She walks over and checks, what did she find? Nothing!! lol I had to have hit it over the green and into the wooded area behind it. I was a little upset cuz I know I could have gotten a great score if I didn't have to drop that ball.

My Clubs are
My Ball Selection is..
Ive been golfing for a while.. around 10 years, not very much, but I can't see me spending tons on clubs the way I suck.

75 yard pitch that bounced about 2' in front of the flag, hit the flag, and fell about 2" from cup

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

8 iron from 170 downwind, over a trap guarding the green to about 10 feet. Missed the putt, but my whole group collectively said "wow" when the ball left the club

Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

9 iron from 157 to about 3 feet.

then later, a hybrid from 235 to about 10 on a par 5, then my partner drained the eagle!

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

On my birthday on Wednesday on the 18th hole I hit a sand wedge about 70 yards from the rough and it landed about 6 feet to the left of the pin and just stopped dead. Exactly what I was trying t do.

And then today, on the 18th again, sand wedge from 100 yards landed at about the same spot, and only rolled 2 or 3 feet before stopping.

This is a great therapeutic thread.

It's all too easy to get caught up in the bad shots and to feel bad about a round sometimes. This thread bring one to think about the positive.

I sure had a rough round in a best ball on a challenging mountain course. Plenty of tight tee shots and sidehill/uphill/downhill lies in every combination for every club. I was so busy with work, and recovering from injury that practice time, was twice in the last month. Not enough for a monster course.

Sure enough, it reflected in my game, and the tee shots were, ahem... but there were one or two that went dead straight and long, one of which picked up the foursome, which included 2-3 reliable fairway finders. I wished it had been more, btu it was better than last year.

Then I got to thinking -- what was the best, and I had far more than I thought, to choose from:

very lucky 30 yd bladed shot on to a non-visible green -- hits pin, drops to 9” for a tap in.
• 170 yd laser 5 iron layup, down a sliver of fairway lined by forest and swamp with a lake at the left side of the layup zone. Scene of a wet ending two years ago. Perfect this time.
•>> 175 yd 5 iron green in regulation, on a drop-off shot over water -- pin high and on a small green 18 feet from the pin.
• 150 yard cliff-drop shot to fringe of walled green with another forest cliff drop-off beyond, enture green surrounded by forest, except cart driveway.
•>•30 yd 60* lob wedge to elevated non-visible green for an 8-foot putt
Dead straight 270 yard drive, to do my part in picking up the foursome.
1 nailed 7-ft putt.
1 nailed 9-ft sidehill putt.

I'll go with the 5i GIR pin high. I couldn't see the ball flight, and lost it in the sun and shadows, but what a treat to find it so well placed on the green.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Well I'm new so I know that this is not an impressive shot at all, but I went to the range and hit my first drive over 200 yards!

In my bag....

Clubs that have been thrown a lot

It was the 6th hole of Angeles National, our 15th hole of the round after a back-nine start. From the whites, it's a 364 yard par 4, but it's the #1 handicap hole. There's a forced carry over desert scrub to the fairway, then an arroyo that runs from the back right of the green around the front, defending your approach shot. I opted to play a 3W from the tee since it was going to be about having a good look at the approach rather than bombing down the fairway, but I hit earth-first and topped it. Fortunately I just barely reached the grass after the forced carry, so I didn't have to take a drop. From there I hit a good 4I to the fairway about 140 yards out.

We got up and the ground crew was working on the green and the rough around it. I hate this---it's hard for me to block out the big machines idling near my target. This time, I said to myself, "Good, an audience for my next shot," and pulled out my 7I. I hit my shot of the week---the 7I flew true with a tiny fade, hit just short of pin-high just right of the pin and curled about 3 feet closer, leaving a 2-foot tap in for a par save on the #1 handicap hole. W00t

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I went out last night to golf with my stepdad. On a par 5 i got to about 50 yards from the pin on my second shot. Then i hit a beautiful chip to about 10 yards from the pin.