IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

No three putts.

AWESOME!

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayΓ’Β¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I had a few in my round on Saturday - A well struck 4 iron into the wind that put me about 10 ft. above the hole for a chance at birdie, a big right to left curler, about 7 ft. with about 2 ft. of break to save a bogey on 18, but the best shot of the day (week)was a GW from just over 100 yds. uphill to a back right pin - stuck it about 3 ft. and made the putt for my only birdie of the day.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5Β° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15Β° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52Β°, 900 RTG 56Β° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60Β°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• Administrator
7-iron off a sidehill lie from 159 to a front left pin in a fairly healthy cross-wind. Put it to three feet for the only birdie of the day (albeit an easy one).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 foot curling birdie putt after a piss-poor gir with a half-wedge.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9Β° (Lowered to 8.5Β°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15Β° and 18Β° | 585H 21Β° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52Β° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56Β° and 60Β° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

"best" shot (or at least most memorable shot) of the day was a 160m-ish par 3.

completely sliced the ball to the right side of the hill, the ball hit something , although i'm not sure what, and bounced left towards the pin like it was being sucked in.

i was literally laughing out loud, confusing my playing partners and then went up to birdie the hole.

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

I was playing in a charity scramble yesterday near Olive Branch, Ms. I know a scramble is not real golf, but: on the final hole, our best player smokes a drive on the par 5 18 that just rolls forever. We're left with a 175 yard uphill shot to the green, into the wind. I almost made it, but not quite. Two other team mates flubbed the shot. Our worst partner, who was playing with 30 year old clubs ( yes, persimmon woods ) and, after about 7 or 8 beers, smoked a wood straight toward the green. We discovered that while we were on the green in two, we were every inch of 60 feet from the hole. After everybody but me putted and missed, I lined up and gave the ball a whack. The putt was uphill and took long enough to navigate the two tiers that I had time to turn toward the hole, stand and stare as the ball finally rose to the top of the second tier, slowed down and inextricably, slowly wound its way to the cup. Lazily reaching the hole, the ball leisurely rolled 180 degrees around the rim before, at last, dropping. The incredulous look on the faces of my team mates was priceless. It was a sweet way to end a pleasant afternoon.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

At my "home course" there is a 132 yard (white tees) par 3 that I either do incredible on or totally miss to the right and out of bounds. Well, a few weeks ago I hit the pin with a 5 iron, but it bounced off the pin too hard and I wound up 15 feet away.

Yesterday, after a lesson, I used a 5 iron into the wind. It basically had no roll, and wound up I'd say 18 inches from the hole.

• Administrator
I holed a 30-yard pitch shot with very little green to work with for a par today. Ball had a lot of spin, hit two feet short of the hole, took one bounce to the lip, and then just toppled in. I played the hole horribly and still parred, then birdied the next hole, so it was very important from a momentum standpoint.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best shot of the week is probably when I had a really bad drive and for my 2nd shot I hit my 3 wood perfectly onto the green 5 feet from the pin, or the 20 foot birdie putt I made.

Driver: Ovation 2
3 Wood: RPM Draw
Irons: X-20
Putter: 2-Ball
Ball: SFT2

None that were too special, but I did hit a near perfect tee shot on the reachable par 5 18th. It is a double dog left that requires a draw off the tee. I hit my 3 hybrid as I can't draw my driver or 3 wood. It turned over nicely and ended up in the center of the fairway. From there the hole turn back to the right. I had about 230 to the green and hit a very nice cut shot that ended up hole high, but about 5 feet right of the green. Unfortunately my pitch shot checked up about 8 feet short and I lipped out the birdie putt.

I also hit a nice wedge shot from 40 yards to 6 feet to save par on a par 5 after my thrid was so bad it actually had an odor.
Driver: 9.5Β° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.Β° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0Β° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0Β° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58Β° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Last Saturday in my Men's Club tourney, Stableford format.

The 343 yard Par 4 11th has a 50' high elevated tee, sharp dogleg right around a ridge that is also about as high as the tee box, to a blind elevated green...that's the normal play.

The fun play is to go directly at the blind green Skycaddy said it was 301 to the center. I launched a high fade directly over the 'directional' bush. We were all hootin' and hollering as it tracked. It pumped up the other 2 'players' (+1 and -2 hcp) to pull out the big dog and leave the 5 iron in the bag. Their shots tracked just as good. The +1 hit the green and 3-putted for par, the -2 was 10 yards short and got up and down for birdie, and I was about 12 feet short with a pin that was another 15 feet on. I chipped it in for an eagle That got me 8 points for a net double eagle thanks to a pop. It helped me to take 3rd place in the tourney...and win a skin $$.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5Β° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19Β°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15Β° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54Β° & 58Β°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Best shot of the week might also be the best shot of the year. I pushed my drive way right and was behind a tree, roughly 15 yards in front. I had about 150-155 yards to the green. I took out my 8 iron and hit a great shot. Over the tree and onto the green about six feet from the pin. I made the birdie putt and was downright giddy. It was one of those shots that makes this game so much fun.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Β 

Ball-White and Round

Β 

Aimed right at a fairway bunker with a driver on a 390 par 4, tried to play my normal draw, but of course it went right in. Then hit a 190 3 wood out of the bunker over a hazard to about 12 feet. But managed to three putt after that.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

After being 3 over after 8 holes I wanted to get atleast a par to shoot a 39. I was a 9 iron out and I hit it perfectly and it landed inches from the cup, so I made birdie and shot a 38.

Driver: Ovation 2
3 Wood: RPM Draw
Irons: X-20
Putter: 2-Ball
Ball: SFT2

My drive off the first tee had a bit too much draw (luckily took a somewhat favorable bounce right) and landed on the left edge of the fairway with a line of trees hanging over the line of the next shot. Proceeded to punch a 7 iron from about 130 yards (nicked a leaf or two) to about 4 feet from the hole...friggin awesome!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

#4, short par 4 (330 yards or so), elevated tee box, I drove the green and two putted for birdie. The only time I have driven the grene before I three putted.

#6, short par 4 (340 ish yards) into a strong wind, I usually play a 5 iron off the tee but with the wind I took a 3 iron. Hit it well but it faded behind a big willow tree. I played a cut 9 iron that faded around the tree perfect. Came up a little short of the green but got up and down for par. Gotta love a shaped shot when you call it
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5Β°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52ΒΊ - 56ΒΊ - 60ΒΊPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...