Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I have been Exceptional on Par 3's lately. 2:

195 Yard Par 3: 4 Iron, about 4 feet left of the pin
118 Yard Par 3: PW, about 5 feet past the pin
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

550 yard par 5, no wind .. water right, ob left .. 300 yard drive, 250 left to green, hit over heather .. pin in front.

3 wood, 8 feet. ball landed and stopped with a 3 wood, about 6" of roll.

missed the eagle. grr.

same course, 325 yard par 4, 280 to carry water .. downhill, downwind, landed pin - hi. :)

made birdie there.

this was on huntmore cc in brighton, MI. par 5 was #14 ... par 4 was #7.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

A few ones I was pleased with on my first round in 3 years...

-180yrd 5 iron uphill over some tall trees onto a blind green for GIR. -Greenside bunker shot, came out really nicely landed on the fronge and rolled about 30ft up to within a few inches of the hole. I've been terrible at bunker shots so that was very satisfying. -9 iron from 150yrds to about five feet for GIR. Pretty nice having blazed my tee shot about 270yrds uphill. -Driving off the back of the 310yrd par 4. My playing partner put his tee shot on the 160yrd par 3 to about two feet. Knocked it in for birdie.
well I know I am a small fish in a big pond, but I just made par on a hole for the first time...on the par 3 course I have been playing at.

Kudos! I can remember being at that stage where I never thought I'd get a par, then it was aiming for birdie. Now I'm going for my first eagle :)

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Played today, 17 holes to be exact. The second 9 was backed up so the starter suggested going out and finding an open hole to start on. 2 was open, I just didn't go back and play #1.

Anyway. . .I'm on the 8th hole on my first 9. about a 185 yard par 3. I'm taking my practice strokes when I hear a crash in the tree directly to my right and above my head. Of course, there was no "FORE" yelled out. I immediately got really ticked off and cursed at the guy who hit the ball. Not sure if he heard me. I gained my composure and smoked my 5i to within 6 feet of the pin. Birdied the hole. I had actually played 9 with the guy who nearly hit me, recently. So I didn't make it worse, he apologized as we passed.

Besides that, I was absolutely nailing most of my short irons and wedges. I wish I had kept my GIR stats for the day. I was hitting my wedges over trees, off of hardpan, couldn't miss the green. Shot an 81 (gave myself a bogey for the hole I didn't play ).

I had a really tricky one today, and I used my imagination to acheive one of the coolest shots ever.

I hit my tee shot on a par 3 under a pine tree. It was all clear underneath and I could see my ball just sitting there. Instead of getting right in the tree and letting the branches get in the way of my swing. I bent my knees as low as possible, and Made my club into like a sword, I hit lightly with a baseball bat swing, and made sure the ball hit the bottom of my club, I made it out onto the green that was a good 10 yards away.

It was basically like an Ernie Els at Troon kind of thing except on the ground.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Hit a errant 4i off of the tee and it put me in some trees 3ft from the OB stakes. Had a tiny opening to hit my second. I take my 5i and hit one of the best punches I've hit in a while. It rolls just past the pin into the greenside rough.

Mind you, this was in a HS tournament match.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

478 yd. par 5 dogleg right around (or across) a pond. First hole of the evening. Hit my tee shot to 180 in (struck it well but it must have hit a rock or rolled a lot to get that far). Second shot (blind and across the pond), pulled left (pond must have scared me) right underneath the only greenside tree (and to the right side of the base of the tree). No conventional shot available and was just off of the green (short and to the high side of it sloping left to right). Pulled out my putter, turned it around and hit it with the back side which gave it lift. The ball checked up on the high side of the green....rolled and broke nicely just past the cup to within 4 feet. The most amazing birdie I've ever had!

• Administrator
Yesterday at the Peek 'n Peak Lower Course, I pulled my 3W on a 360-yard par four left. It went nowhere. Next, I hit what would have likely been a perfect 6-iron from about 190... perfect except for the teeny branch it struck, knocking the ball nearly straight down.

From 133, on a slight bump (sidehill, uphill lie) I hit a 9-iron that stopped a foot from the hole for a tap-in par. Ahhhhh.

I also hit a one-bounce-and-check sand wedge from 61 yards to save a par after hitting into a lateral hazard on one hole. That shot was nice as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Drive on #16. Hardest hole on the course. Really long par 4 called "The Lakes". I wasn't playing well today (as evidenced by the fact that my shot of the day was a tee shot!), so I said to myself "OK, just relax and swing to your finish and hold it till the ball lands". Cracked it 250-260 down the right side of the fairway, position A.... Except that it was in a divot.

I then proceeded to chunk my approack into "The Lakes"

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

yesterday 18th hole par 4. hit a solid tee shot that rolled to about 30 yards from a 75yard lake then green right behind that. so about 110-120 to the pin and over a lake. a guy that was with us hit just a little bit further than me then started making fun of me because i was using my 7i and he was using his pw. well he sailed his pw shot about 20 yds OVER the backside of the green. i laughed and hit a near perfect 7i draw shot to within 10 feet of the hole. ended up 2 putting for par because the break was so bad it was like my ball hit a wall 6 inches from the hole. great second shot though to get on the green.
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

hit an errant 4-iron into a lateral hazard on 15. it stayed out of the water but was in the tall grass, 105 yards out. i had to cut the corner of the water to get to the pin. i decided to go for it and hit a gap wedge that just cleared the water and trickled to 15 feet. lipped out, but i usually am in the water on that hole. i was pleased

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

80 yards from the green on my 3rd shot on a par 4 hole hit my 60 wedge with an easy swing made solid contact the ball took off low skipped twice and stopped just 3 feet under the hole and made the right to left breaker to save par.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Par three seventh hole...first round of the Club Championship. The tees were up and it was playing exactly 133 yards to the flag. I hit a pitching wedge which literally hit the top of the flag stick. It ended up thirty feet left of the flag...but pin high still. Had it simply hit the green, it would have had a chance to go in and it definitely would have been closer than 30 feet!!
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Long narrow par 4, appoach short and missed right. 60 yards out, down in a gulley in the pines with a 12-15 foot wide tunnel towards the green. Played a seven iron, way back in the stance and hooded with a waist high back swing and follow through. It got through the tunnel then I lost sight as it crested the hill. It wound up 2 foot from the pin.

----------------------------
WITB:
Ping G10 9* Axis 75-S
Ping G10 15.5* - PL Red
Ping G10 18.5* - TFCTitleist AP2 3-P - Aldila Proto TTitleist Vokey 252 - 8 DGTitleist Vokey SM 60 - 8 DG Ever changing!

I was on the second hole of my local course playing with the mens club.

Par 4, 256 yards water all around the green.

I layed up with a 3 iron to about 57 yards out and hit a great one hop stop lob wedge to about 6 inches.

I was happy, but sooo pissed. It coulda backspun in. But it hald up for a skin and I made 60 bucks on that hole. I ended up winning the thing and made and extra 80 bucks. For being 15 I'm pretty damn happy.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

15 yds away from a 25 ft pine, HUGE maple behind that, 165 to the green.

Decided to try the old up and over with Ap1 gap wedge... perfect choice! A shot I never would have tried prior to the new clubs.

Had about 20 yds to the pin

It is really neat when you hit a shot and you say to yourself, "Wow!"

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

• Administrator
18 at Whispering Woods earlier today. Pushed-cut my drive a little, but caught a break and had an opening about as wide as a cart through which to hit the ball (a corridor of about 15 yards in length). Had to keep it under the trees to the right, and the wind was into a smidge, mostly left to right. Had 195, flag tucked over the front two bunkers.

Put it to six feet and made the birdie putt. Best swing of the day by far. I'm not sure I've ever birdied the 18th before (had a few opportunities).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades