IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Played 18, but front 9 twice birdied the same hole twice once after backing up from the fringe and lead to a 10 fter the other landing it short with a 5 fter

I golfed Achasta (Jack Nicklaus Signature Course) in Dahlonega, GA this weekend twice. On the 18th during the second round I topped a my drive with my 3W and left me a 240 yd second shot to the green. Determined not to let the shot destroy my score on my last hole, I pulled off the shot with the same 3W from a crappy lie. The shot landed on the front of the green and landed about 10' from the hole with a slight fade. Simply amazing. I missed the birdie putt but tapped in for par for a great round save.
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

Yesterday I sunk about a 40 footer for birdie on the Par 3 13th. I've played the hole about 20 times and have not once hit the green or made Par on it until then and I made birdie! It's by far the toughest Par 3 I've ever played.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

3 down (dormie) in a singles matchplay, faced with a ~40 yard pitch after an all-or-nothing ~300 yard tee shot on our par-4 16th. Opponent (yet again) hits the green in regulation with a shot; looking like 4/3 meaning as I walk up to my ball I have to hole it. Have a light hearted joke with opponent followed by "This has to go in" I say not for a minute thinking it's likely.

Select SW, back of stance, thinking it must be up to the hole. Easy swing, nice strike. Nice low flight, online in the air, pitches maybe 10-15 feet short and rolls straight at the flag. Never in doubt. Eagle 2 thank-you very much!

Win 17th with par 3 and eventually lose 1-down after horse shoeing my birdie putt (to take it to extra time) out from ~15 feet up 18. Fun game even if not the right result.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just came home from a round a nice course I played for the first time. I hooked my drive pretty bad into a bad lie so my second shot was short, leaving 180 yds to the pin in fairly strong side wind on this long par 5. I was in fairly nice semi rough. I hit my 21 degree hybrid sweeter than ever into the wind and it landed beautifully 8 feet from the pin. Being a 25hcp I don't make many GIRs on par 5s so it was a super shot for me.

par 4, 2nd shot punched out of treeline in hopes of saving par or bogie.. 3rd shot-95 yds gap wedge. I hit it pretty good and my partners who were ahead of me started yelling "go in! go in!" It did! my first hole out from any farther than around the green. What a thrill!

I had 115 slightly into the wind to go. Hit a nice solid pitching wedge and watched as the ball flew directly at the flagstick. Hit about 8 feet short of the stick bounced once and stopped 5 feet short. Rimmed out the birdie putt.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Last time I went I made it my goal to practice out of the sand whenever I got the chance. After taking an extra two swings from the sand the previous hole, I found myself with a 40-50 yarder out of the sand and by gosh, I put it in the bottom of the cup for an eagle.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Overshot the green on a par 5 by about 10m when I nailed a 3 wood. Ended up over the back in some "medium rough" (still had a good swing at it) but there was a single horizontal branch (gum tree) about 4 feet above the ground in front of me.

I ddecided to go under the branch and chip into the bank that formed the back of the green and run it onto the green, basically conceded at least a 2 putt (I could see about half the flag).

Well...I caught it high and went OVER the branch...by about 3 inches, but it hit the bank...as planned :) ...I wandered onto the green and couldn't find my ball, fearing it had run into one of the bunkers at the front.

Of course I wouldn't be writing this post if I didn't find the ball...in the hole.

EAGLE.

A) You need to hit alot of different clubs.
B) Whatever works for you.
C) It's the indian, not the arrow.
D) A 5 wood, 19* hybrid or a lob wedge.

166 with pin middle to back so went back 2 club lengths from tee box and took a 3/4 seven iron. Slung out a baby draw to 5ft. made the putt to win the matchplay pairs 4 and 3.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Was playing the Raven Golf course in Sandestin FL, first hole is dog left left Par 4, played from the Tips, carried the bunkers at the dog leg 267 carry...left me with 129 to the pin, hit it past the pin about 2 ft and thanks to my trusty Nike Tour One D ball...spun back and made eagle!! First time ever eagling 1st hole on any course!

Went today and hit a 3 wood 250 yard par 4 landed 20 feet from the pin on the green. Got my first birdie at that course ;)

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

last week--it was a scramble but these are all my shots:

Par 5, 533 yards, Driver, 3 wood on in two. We did not make the eagle but I did get birdie. Went to sleep on next hole, but the next is 360 yard par 4, Driver, wedge to 3 feet and made the putt. One other hole is a 400 yard par 4 but for the scramble everyone hit from the forward tees--about 273 yards. I put it on and 2 putted for birdie.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best shot I'll hit probably all month was a near hole in one. I hit a 6 iron just a couple inches away from the pin. :)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

There's a particulary tough par 4 on my course. It is a narrow fairway, small green and about 400 yards uphill. I hit my driver only about 215 so I was 185 or so from the center of the green. The flag was in the back, I took my 5 wood because I knew it would play closer to 205 with the uphill approach. I put it about 3' below the hole and left myself an easy birdie putt, this was the first time I've ever birdied this hole, most of the time I just hope for a bogey.

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

My men's league on wed. scotch ball, my partner put it in the right trap on a par 3, front of the trap, 20yds from the green, short pin. Spun a 60 landed on the fringe and went in. Not too fast but just right. One of my best shots this year, the fact that it went in was pure luck. I was just happy I landed the ball on my spot.