IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

#14 362 yard par 4. Straight hole, nothing crazy. Absolutely ripped my drive, 270 according to GPS. Pin was middle left, went with a 60* and kind of hung it out to the right but it hit the fringe and spun left for a GIR. Sunk the birdie putt from 20 feet out with a down slope to the left. Read it perfectly. I knew right then I would break 90 today :)

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

best shot of the week? lets see.

the hole is a giant dog leg left, which you kinda start at the bottom of a hill, hit up a slight hill, take a full 90 almost and the greens down the other hill (the green is elevated though)

i start the whole shanking the ball into the woods on the left, forcing myself to have to hit back out to the right (just trying to get to the top of the hill to have to be able to have a slight shot at the green) so i hit it out and get it to the top of the hill, about 190ish out. problem is, i'm behind a somewhat small evergreen (about 15 yards behind) i decided to be a little ballsy and go for it, i hit a 5 iron, tip the top of the tree, hit the fringe and roll up to about 6 feet from the pin (tough pin location far right side when the hole is kind of a pea shaped, and in front of the hole it drops off into pretty tough rough)

unfortunately, i'm a bit amped up and 2 putt for bogey. but i guess that doesn't take away from the shot!

some like to call it luck, i like to call it...well, luck!

Lobbed a 60 yard pitching wedge over a small tree to within 4 feet of the hole, from a wayward 6iron approach shot to the 8th green at my local, what makes it even better is my mate actually saw it. Whooped his butt, he never recovered.

6 iron with effortless swing the ball accelerated off the club face like no other iron shot I've hit before. Pin high slightly right save par.

I am trying a new set up with my rear shoulder slightly lower while tucking in my right elbow closer to my body. It help me release the club with more club head, I found that I tend to draw the ball or hit it fat so I need to practice the shot more at the range.

My swing feel more natural and I have gain distance because of the increase in club head speed on my driver, fairway 15 degree wood and irons.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Push-draw 2H on a 205-yard par 3, into a 20 yard wind, right at the flagstick, hopped and stopped 12 feet past. Instantly made me forget about going double, bogey, bogey :)
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

I hit an 80 - 90 foot putt to the lip yesterday.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I play a draw/nasty hook and I was pushed up against some tree's on my right, no shot for a hooker like me, but I saw an opening if I could get my 6 iron in that hole and it draws I'm out of trouble,.. I did it, but my short game faltered... but I loved that shot!

At Shadowmoss Plantation # 13: +/- 155 out, hit a 6 iron from the left of the fairway, landed and stuck within 6 in. of the cup. Ended up with a birdie. Normally I would use a 7 from that distance, but the conditions were really soggy. Worked out well.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Shaped a 4 iron on a par 5 211 yards with a draw around the corner to 5 feet of the flagstick. Probably couldn't do it again like that if I tried 20 times. Sad part is, this was my 3rd shot as I flubbed my driver and had to lay up with my second shot. Sadder part is, even though I got to the green in 3 I still 2-putted for par.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Hole 7 par 4, 290 dogleg right with water right in front of the green. It's about 240 yards straight to the hole from the tee. Pulled out a driver because I wasn't playing too well and needed a good birdie (perfect fade driver distance). Hit it to 8 ft from the tee. Made the eagle putt. Felt good.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I played a few holes with only 2 clubs today. (hybrid and a old 5i blade)

I ended up in a greenside bunker and I tried to hit the ball out with the 5i, on the first attempt I hit the lip of the bunker and it came back to my feet. The second time I managed to get under it and the ball ended up only a couple of inches from the hole. Doubt i could do it again even if i tried it a dozen more times.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

17th hole, 126 yard par 3; slight downhill, island green.

Take out my 9 iron (right around my 130 club); ball is tracking to the pin the whole way. Ends up landing 2 feet from the pin, and rolled back ~7 feet. Best aimed shot of my life pretty much.

10th hole (160 yards) at my local Par 3 course. I'm about 110 yards away, I take out my 9I and decided to punch the ball, just for fun. Ended up landing it about 10 feet away from the hole. Plus a quick 10 foot put for par doesn't hurt.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Let me start by saying I am a hack so when I make a decent shot I am pretty happy about it. I have two the first was my second shot on a par 4 175 out from an uphill lie (about a foot higher than my feet) I took out my trusty 24* hybrid and had that what happens happens attitude and hit it to the left of the green into a bunker. Oh yeah it was dark and the lights just came on so I had no idea where it went. Then I blasted it out of the sand to within about a foot of the cup. I shot 4 on the hole that I have to hit out of the other fairway all but two times I have played it. I was happy just in time to fall apart on 18.

Shot a 96 but I am having fun and I didn't hit any balls out of my fairway so i was having a good day.

Mike

last weekend, jumped on a 2 par hole and hit a perfect 7 iron distance then a perfect putt, sunk it in 2 shots.
I believe it was about 150 yards total for the hole and over water.

best golf swing i've ever had, i've only recently taken golf more seriously.

18th hole, 375 yard par four, dog legs left 90 degrees about 350 out. Wind was stiff behind us so I teed the ball up a lil more than normal. Swung really hard and sometimes when I do I dip down. So I took a divot and the ball when about a mile up but still in the middle of the fairway. I was 228 out, had to carry the water and waste bunker that lines the left side of the fairway. Then theres a bunker on the left side of the green, left of that bunker is a steel hill down to the water. I hit my 4 iron for the first time in awhile and it bounced in the rough just right of the greenside bunker, kicked left and lipped out, stopped 2 inches behind the hole. The course is super dry and fast, we have had hardly any rain the past month and heat index over 100 for 3 weeks straight. So i was planning on rolling it up the entire time just not planning on hitting the rough. It is nice being able to think a shot like that through then going and making it happen. Would have been nice to watch it disappear though!