IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I played at Conestoga Country Club, Moors-Goose. Shot a 76, was playing my new set of titleist Ap1's. Coming up the 9th fairway, hit a 5 wood about 200, left me with 220 in, pulled out 3 wood, over the tree hit the slope and rolled to 4 feet. Made the put.

Only my first year golfing but already down to an 11.0 handicap.

What Change a Ball Makes: On the 17th hole of Lanier Golf Club, a 190-yard par 3 with today's pin on the front of the green, I hit a pure 4-iron that went on a flat trajectory and came up 20 feet short of the fringe. I realized at that moment that the Bridgestone E7+ I had been playing, with its tendency toward a low ball flight, was not the right ball for me. Frustrated with such a bad result, I took a Tour B330-RX I had found during the course of the round, and repeated the same swing. It landed hole-high, 15 feet from the hole. I stopped by the clubhouse and bought a sleeve of B330-RXs before starting my second round of the day.

Complete Control: On the 8th hole, a 175-yard par 3 with today's pin the front of the green, I hit an easy 5-iron with the hopes of playing a soft fade into the wind coming from the left. The execution was perfect, and I was left with 12 feet below the hole for birdie; the putt lipped out.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

4 wood from 250, put it on. 2 putt birdie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Yesterday, I played at my home course, hole 6, par 4 at 402 yards. I outdrove my friends to 130 yards (my best drive of the day), pulled my PW and did not calculate the head wind came out 2 feet short from the green. My friends already laughed at me because they were around 160-170 from the hole. They reminded me that drive is only for show!!!!. They all pulled their 7 irons and put their shots on the green.

I got my SW and knocked the ball in with the softest chip, they got their pars and I got my dough!!!! so from now, Drive for show, chip for dough.

What is in my Audi golf bag:
1. Ping I15 8 degree with Fubuki

2. Miura 15 degree with Fubuki

3. Titleist 18.5 degree with Tour AD

4. Ping G15 21 degree wood

5. Ping G15 23 degree Hybrid

6. Ping S56 P-5 iron with Project X 5.5

7. Miura Wedges with Project X5.5

8. Scotty Cameron Circa 62

9. Titleist Prov1 or Z-Star

Put two perfect shots together and rolled it within 5 yards of the green on a par 5, something I never usually have a prayer of doing.

Of course I take three from there for a par....

510 yard par 5 dogleg right with a fairway-width pond 20 yards short of the green.

Had a decent first shot about 230 with my 3hybrid (driver issues lately). Attempted to lay-up short of the water on the second shot and chunked it. I was then about 160-165 yards out, hit a solid 5I and stuck it within 2 feet of the hole for a tap in birdie.

360 yd par 4, sharp dogleg left. Hit a nice 3-wood to the dogleg, but left my second shot about 20 yards short...

From about 20 yards I just told myself to hit down on the wedge and pull the string. Took a nice divot in front of the ball and it hit and stopped dead about 3 ft from the pin. Of course I lipped out the par putt, but that's another story.

In my Adidas Velocity stand bag:
Redline RPM 430Q 8.5
Insight BUL 3 Wood
idea a2 3 iWood Hybrid
CCi 4-AW Cast Irons Black Max Anser Putter D2 Feel

#15 434 par 4... #1 hcp hole of the course... duffed my drive barely carrying the front tees...
left me 310 to the middle of the green...
pulled 4w and smacked it the cleanest ive ever hit a ball with that club...
nice mid height draw and just watched it fly still posing... it hit a sprinkler head... bounced way up in the air and onto the front of the green... the guy i was playing with couldnt believe it... neither could i... that was a members bounce if i ever saw one
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Found the first cut left of the fairway off the tee Sunday AM on a mid length par-4 and had something like 145 in. It was uphill but the pin was in front so I played it to that distance. It was a really good lie but below my feet, begging to be sliced, so I figured - right side of the green here I come.

The shot is blind because of the combination of elevation change and I'm tucked behind a set of moguls (sp??) that run the left side of the fairway, so I drove up, got the line of the flag and went back.

I flushed an 8-iron, pure as I can hit it, straight as it gets, right at the stick and said to my buddy - that was a f*ckin money ball if I got the right number.

Got up and it was inside of 2 ft. just below the cup. It was the best shot by far not just because of that, but the pitch mark was about 6 ft. above the hole. Spinning one back into the cup is something I've always wanted to do, and have never even come close on anything but a wedge shot before this.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Holed a pitch from pin-high right side of the green for eagle on the last hole today.

I'll count down the top 5 from this week in order from good to greatest.

5. A beautiful chip shot from about 20 yards out comes to land about 4 inches for a nice tap in par.

4. A nice 20 foot putt for birdie on the first hole yesterday.

3. A beautiful 3/4 PW to about 4 feet.

2. An amazing 40 foot putt to save par on hole 10 on Monday.

1. An even more amazing 60 foot putt for birdie on hole 14 yesterday.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Had a couple Sunday, but the pick of the litter was a high 60 degree lob from 25-30 yards over a sandtrap onto a slightly downward/rightward sloping green...

The ball landed right on the area I picked past the fringe, and rolled toward the cup, caught the rim and lipped out to about 10 inches for an easy up-and-down tap-in. Talk about a knee-bender, which is the reaction you have when the thing rolls around 90 degrees of the rim and out.

Never had that happen before from that type of shot, so quite a spectacle for me and my bud. It also rescued a duffed/hooked 6 iron tee shot.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Hole 9: 418 yard dogleg left with the aqua range all along the left side of the hole. Dogleg starts at the 100 yard marker.

Drive was perfect at the 150 yard marker. Had about 160 left to the green, but scooped an 8 iron. Made the front of the green. Pin was in the back up and over a ridge, with about 2-3 feet of right to left break, slow uphill 3/4 of the way, then back downhill. About a 35 foot putt. Put a clean stroke on it, rolled beautifully, turned towards the hole, circled around it once, and dropped in for the bird. Of course I did the Y.E Yang fist pump.........what do you expect.......

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Best shot of the week was actually a putt.
I was left with about 33ft. or so after a poor tee shot on the Par 3 8th; just off the green on the fringe.
Good bit of right to left break. Trusted my line, made a smooth stroke and the ball tracked perfectly down the break and dropped in the center of the cup for birdie.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

par 4 315 yards slightly downhill to the middle of the green. i usually take a 4 iron and lay up because there's a 285 yard creek carry. i pull out my driver and lay on it, one of those you pull off on the range but never on the course. but this time, it did exactly what i wanted. i laid into it and yanked it out there good, it flew the green and landed about 10 yards. my only birdie of the day.

Two today.
515 par 5 - Driver, 5 iron - hit the pin , missed the eagle putt, tap-in birdie
534 par 5 - Driver, 7 iron - to seven feet , made the eagle putt

I was lying three in the weeds some 40 yards to the hole on a par 5; the ball was resting against a stem, so I had to hover the club over the ball on address. I made a big gouge/pitch with my gap wedge, and the ball skipped two within 5 feet of the pin to give me a look at a scrambling par.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...