IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

As horrible as I played today I had one great ball striking hole. The 4th hole at Dragon Ranch. It plays about 420 yards. I pulled a driver left, but somehow it kicked back in the fairway. Then hit a 7 iron from 158 pin high about 20 feet right. Two putted for par.

My only shining moment of the day. Everything else was army golf.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Mine was actually from a couple about a month ago par 5 18th at my home course 565yrds crunched drive down the middle and hit a 3i from bout 250 (cut some of the dogleg off so about 220) to 3 foot rolled in the eagle

In my bag:-

Driver:R7 425 8.5*Graffaloy Blue Tour Stiff

3 Wood: 909F2 13* UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff 92g 1.8* torque5 Wood 909F2 18* Matrix Ozic x-con 6 X-StiffIrons: : 710 mb 3-PW +.75'' 2* up with DG X100 Wedges: spin milled 52* and 60*Putter: Newport 2 35''

420 yard par 4
i hit a solid drive but it went right. I ended up behind a big tree a long way out. I used 3H and faded/sliced it round the tree in front and into the green i had a 15 ft birdie putt which lipped out.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Another good shot from my last round:

Duck-hooked tee shot that luckily stayed in-bounds, but along the treeline. Had about 130 to the middle, but had a huge tree limb in front of me didn't allow me to hit my 9i (usual 130 club). Took 4i out and ran it all the way to about 20 feet past the flag, but hung on the green. Two-putt par on 1, I'll take it.

had the severe pulls on sat... the course i played was slicer friendly... lots of dogleg rights...
got to a 400 yrd par4 slight dogleg left and it was all money...
pulled my drive over the trees... hole cut on the left side...
6i big hook/draw 2ft pin high on the right... birdie putt was smooth as butter
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

So, I took a trip to Lake Tahoe, NV this weekend in hopes of playing Edgewood. The weather was a bit unpredictable, so we ended up playing a place called Eagle Valley (West) in Carson City. I started off horrible, bogey, bogey, double. OUCH. Then I picked it up, with two birdies and four pars to finish the front. I ended up shooting 74 (two more birdies on the back). But the #8 hole made my day. It was a 571 Yard par 5. Straight, with water about 75 yards in front of the green from the left. I hit my drive about 310. (I average about 285, but I know everyone will say they doubt that, but oh well. ) So, I had about 260 in. I am very up and down with my 3 wood, but when I do hit it right...it is right! I hit my 3 wood about 12 ft behind the hole. Me and my dad were pretty stoked. I missed the eagle putt though. So it was playing VERY slow, so we played 7 and 8 again. And on 8, I hit my drive almost the same exact spot. I hit my 3 again, this time about 8 feet past the hole, and this time made the putt. I was so stoked.

In my r7 bag:

Driver:r7 460
3 wood:r7
hybrid:burnerirons:320 serieswedges:TP Rac Z 56*, 60*putter:Circa 62 #3balls:prov1x

i hit an unbelievable (even to me) drive today on a 515 yard par 5. the tee is elevated, so i'm sure that allowed for a few extra yards, and i also cut the dogleg pretty well perfectly, so that took probably 20 yards off the hole. anyway, i found my ball sitting dead even between the 200 and 150 markers, so i'm estimating the drive wound up being about 320 yards long. i honestly don't know if i've ever hit a drive that long in my life up to this point - i've had several that were 290, maaaybe 300, but definitely nothing like the one today.

downside to that huge drive was that the ball was right next to some kind of depression in the ground, so i was standing in a hole with the ball about 2 inches above my feet for my second shot. i wound up hooking the ball a little and it came up about 10 yards short of the green. my third shot was also a little short, leaving me with about a 6 footer for birdie, which i lipped out. alas... a par.

had a monster draw with my 4w today and hit from 220 out... landing pin high to the right... leaving me a 6ft birdie putt that i missed
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Got my first eagle!! Par 4 335yards, started out by hitting a great drive about 310-315. Had about 20-30 to the hole, took out the 56* hit a great chip that landed about 10 feet short bounced twice to about a foot or so past the hole bit and spun right back into the hole was pretty sweet!! First eagle I was super stoked!
IN MY BAG
Driver - Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood - SZ 15*
Irons - R9 4-AW kbs shafts, 19* Burner Rescue
Wedges - 2007 Tom Watson Lob 60* CG-15 56* Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Pro v119th Hole weapon of choiceBudLight:

Hit the flag stick on the 4th hole. I had to hit a cut a 4 iron from the right side of the fairway into a 10-15 mph headwind around trees about 50 yards from green that extend out into the fairway. It took one bounce just left of the hole and glanced off the stick. Had about a 12 foot putt from above the hole, which I missed.

Well I'm back at school so I have a few more courses to play again. Me and my good buddy went out to the driving range and hit some balls then headed out on a rather short course with a lot of slope to play that is only 9 holes. We were both playing pretty bad per our standards. Anyways... 9th hole 515 yard par 5 that the fairway is an estimated 30 feet above the teebox. I found out a while ago that if I really snap the driver at impact that I can hit it further, but never do because I'd rather have a little control. I decided to let one go on the last two holes of this course. My buddy said that the drive looked very long and to me it looked a little better than average but not great. We walked up to the fairway and I was 160 from the green... So if I added right and the yardage markers were correct that is a 355 yard drive. I do hit the ball a long way and regularly get it out to 300, but that was by far the best drive I have hit. Now I am a very big pessimist and don't like to brag, so I didn't think it was that great, but my partner has a very consistent drive and we measured from his to make sure. Sure enough it was a bomb... I would rather have a great shot from 80 yards to score well, but it finished the round off nicely, so I can't complain.

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

First time playing since graduating. I had a little birdie run on the back 9 that started with a 7-iron on a 155 yard par 3 to 3 feet pin-high. The next hole was a 115 yard gap wedge to 3 feet pin-high. Both of those shots were pretty good. The gap wedge was better because I had just thinned a 4-iron off the tee 200 yards so I had to muster some confidence for it. Other than those, I eagled the first hole with a chip-in. I hit it exactly where I wanted to, it came off a little lower than expected, but checked and rolled in. The birdies felt better because they matched what I had visualized.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

a short par 4, roughly 380 yards but at one point of the fairway it becomes about 15 yards wide, and you are ob on both sides, i lay up with with a hybrid to 18 and end up somewhat behind one of the OBs. So I take the same hybrid, have to fade is around the obstruction, and it curls perfectly, ended up hitting the front green and rolling to about 1 foot. tapped in for birdie

R9
Burner 3 wood
Burner #3 hybid
R7 4-P
Vokey Spin Mill 54 58 Studio Select Midslant Newport

Pulled of a 'Tiger' shot yesterday. Par 3 at Stone Creek, 135yds over creek. I went long, up a hill behind the green, then down left in a low area below the level of the green. I thought about Tiger's shot at The Masters when he chipped in on 16. This was a very similar looking shot. The ball was below my feet, sitting decent. I aimed about 90 degrees left of the hole, hit my chip up onto the hill and watched it roll down the hill, perfectly. It missed the hole by inches and rolled 3ft past. Made the par putt coming back for one of my best par saves, ever. My playing partner was very impressed!

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Got in a quick 9 holes in after work tonight.

My shot of the week happened on a short par 4. Card said 388 yard. Pulled out the new driver which has been working wonderful. We're still in that honeymoon stage! I made one of the most comfortable, smooth swings ever, and hit a 310 yard drive. Dead straight, up the left side of the fairway right where I was aligned. Had to walk off the distance twice to confirm it!! Had another drive right at 300 too. Overall, a good night!

seems like a good place to make my first post.

i dont drive the ball very long, which has been accentuated by the slice ive developed. that being said, i hit a tee shot a well under 200 today, and left an approach shot at about 160-170. pulled the five wood and hit the green, only GIR all day. pretty pumped.
but as i started my long birdie putt i received a text message, which completely took me out of focus, and ended up three-putting.