198yd par 3, flew a 4I into a 20mph L-R crosswind and stuck it 3ft
from the pin. putting being my downfall i miss read the break and 2 putted

nice shot Supermanwoot

FT-IQ driver 9deg/stiff
FT-I Squareway 3 & 5 wood
FT irons 4-A
CG14 black pearl 60deg lob wedge
White Hot XG #1 Blackmax 56deg SI Stadium 14 cartbag

Yesterday - 421 yard par 4. Out of the tee box... drove it pretty decent. Right down the middle, but topped it a bit. It was really wet, so it didnt roll at all. Drove it 225 yards down the right of left of the fairway. Flag was towards the back of the green and it was a fairly big green. Took my 3-iron, and hit the ball as smooth as I recall ever hitting a 3 iron and it landed on the green and rolled to about 10 feet from the cup. It felt so good, I did a Ric Flair "whoooo" after I hit it. Lined the putt up and sank it for birdie.

Followed it up on the next hole.

378 yard par 4, huge dog leg right. You could play it safe by taking a wood out of the box or you could go through a small window between two trees with the driver. My adreline is pumping from the last birdie, so I take the driver out and crush the ball right between the trees. Hit it about 260 or 270 in the air. It caught the downside of a hill and rolled another 20 yards. So I am sitting about 95-100 yards away. I have a bunker right in front of me. So, I take the sand wedge and get the ball in the air quickly. It lands on the green and rolls about 3-4 feet. I am about 20 feet from the flag. Feeling really good because it is a straight shot for birdie. Line the putt up and sank it.

2 birdies in a row... made me feel EXCELLENT about the day. Wind was bad at times... but came out with a 85 for the day.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

438 yard par 4, with a 90 degree turn right in the middle which is too far to try to carry with the driver. Hit my drive to the opposite edge of the turn a bit under 250 yards, landed it 4 feet from the blue 200 yard marker. Nailed my 5 wood solid and landed it right on the edge of the green, about 20 ft from the pin looking at a downhill, breaking putt as pictured below. Got the ball within 2 feet and sunk it for par. Easily the hardest hole on the course and worthy of it's handicap 1 ranking. As soon as I hit that ball with the 5 wood and the ball went sailing into the air straight for the green, my playing partners just oohed and ahhed and it was a great feeling to have a small gallery supporting me.

By the way, does landing on the edge of the green like this, one step off the main dance floor, count as being on the green? I entered the score as a 2 putt/GIR. Should I change that to a 1 putt? I am trying to follow every rule in the book here.

On another hole I ended up with some trees in front of me and had to hit a HIGH 5 wood if I wanted any chance at reaching the green. I hit it high as I had intended and it went right between the two tree tops that were in front of me as if I was kicking a field goal. Sure the ball fell short and left me with a 30 ft chip to the pin. And of course I messed up my chip and had to chip it again before 2 putting scoring a bogey, but hey, that high 5 wood shot that I had to hit just a tad fat to get over the trees worked out perfectly! I took a very small divot and everything.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Last Friday at Ford's Colony in Williamsburg, VA at the Nothrop Grumman Invitational (best ball match). We used my partners drive on a 500 yard par 5, which flew just over 300 slightly off the fairway to the left in the woods. I was the first to hit the second shot... i was about 175-180 out, in the woods on hardpan. There was a huge-trunk tree about 25 yards in front of me blocking any straight shot at the green. Grabbed my 5I, set up to play a wicked draw around the tree (I can never pull these off!). Hit it absolutely perfect, watched it draw around the tree, landed about 10 feet in front of the pin and rolled just to the right of the flag about 15-20 feet past. First (and probably only) time in my life that i felt like i hit a shot that tiger would be proud of! We two putted for birdie.

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

#11 at Old Capital GC in Corydon, IN. 510ish par 5 dogleg right. Put driver down the right side but had a tree about 30 yards in front of me blocking a direct shot at the green. So, from 221 (sprinkler head pretty close to me) I hit a big sweeping fade with 3 iron around the tree and stuck it on the right side of the green to about 35'. 2 putt birdie.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

i hit an absolute monster drive today...
394yrd par4... bombed over a tree... carrying the long fw trap on the left side of the fw... stopping right next to the 100yrd marker...
first time ever hitting a wedge into that green for a gir... normally im hitting mid irons or hybrids...
best drive of the day by far... all the other drives maxed out at 210... i even hit one 80yrds... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

1. By the way, does landing on the edge of the green like this, one step off the main dance floor, count as being on the green?

1. There are the 'rules' for stats, in which case you would NOT count it as a GIR. But, what are you really trying to do here? If you are trying to keep track for yourself and whether or not you were 'close enough' to 2-putt (which is all you want out, sometimes, for a GIR) than I count anywhere I can put that I'm about a yard or two off the green as a GIR. If the pin is in front and I miss it on the front edge, just off the green, it's better to count that as a GIR rather than the GIR being in the back corner of the green where you most likely will 3-putt.

2. uh... bogey... are you sure. I guess it must have been a par 5 . If you put the 5-wood between the trees, then messed up your chip, then chipped again and 2 putted, that's at least 5 stokes right there.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

1. There are the 'rules' for stats, in which case you would NOT count it as a GIR. But, what are you really trying to do here? If you are trying to keep track for yourself and whether or not you were 'close enough' to 2-putt (which is all you want out, sometimes, for a GIR) than I count anywhere I can put that I'm about a yard or two off the green as a GIR. If the pin is in front and I miss it on the front edge, just off the green, it's better to count that as a GIR rather than the GIR being in the back corner of the green where you most likely will 3-putt.

Thanks for the clarification. I was definitely within 2 putt range. And yes, I am keeping the information for personal reference because one of my goals for the rest of the year is to double my GIRs and I want to stay true to the count. But I suppose you are right, I'm no pro and for the purposes of the shot and how hard it was it was "close enough."

And yea, it was 6 strokes on a par 5. If I nailed my chip to 1 putt range, would have been my first birdie on a par 5... :(

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

On sunday I hit a sand wedge to a foot on the 18th after a long drive

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Two weeks ago I was looking at 220 to the back of the green, slightly up hill and into the wind. Took out a 4 iron and put it 6 ft behind the pin--just on the fringe. Missed the eagle putt by 1/4 an inch. I just sat there waiting for the ball to fall in the cup--but it didn't. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood
ZM Forged 4-9 Irons wedges 52 Spin Milled 48, 56, 60 Newport 2 putter 35"

today i had 2 birdies, i only played 9. they were both tap ins, first one was a 52 from 144 to a back pin. put it to about 1 1/2 feet
seconds on a par 3, 160 yards up hill into the wind, hit 6 iron, ik its really short to hit a 6 iron but there was alot of wind, and it hit before the pin jumped long then spun bakc to about a foot

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

I hit a perfect cut 4 iron to get out of big trouble to give myself a 12 foot birdie putt. I missed it.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

2nd shot on the par 5 18th at Ruby Hills CC. 251 yards over water, flew it on the green to 35ft for eagle. That 3 wood shot only rolled 4 ft from its divot. The par 5 is 602 yards from the tips and pretty severely downhill on the tee shot but fairly level on the approach.

What's in my hoofer 2 golf bag:

Driver:: R9 9.5* with Fujikura Rombax 7Z08 shaft in X-stiff
3 wood:: R9 15* with Fujikura Motore F1 65g in X-stiff
2-PW: TA2 with Dynamic Gold X-100Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 53* Gap and 60* LobPutter: Pro Platinum Newport 2 with custom paint and stamp on heal/toeBall:

My best shot recently was a drive on a short par 4. It was playing 288 yards. It has a narrow, tree lined lane for the first 150 yards or so. Then it opens up, mostly to the right. There is a creek at the bottom and the green is hidden behind trees around to the right. It is down hill to the creek and then uphill from there. Anyway I ripped a huge (for me) drive straight down the lane. I did not get much roll because the tee box was so much higher and I was hitting into the upslope in front of me, but it still got out to about 270. I hit my wedge within 10 feet. Missed the birdie putt. It would have been my first birdie too.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades