IGNORED

Malaysia Maybank Open European Tour

65ross
Note: This thread is 2631 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some fine golf been played if you been watching first round. Warren at -9, with Thai, Khongwatmal -7, six other at -6 one being Danny Willett, found some form. Slow start for Westwood at even par through 16. Malaysia seem very popular for European tour players, guess back home still in winter.  

• Upvote 2

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

7 hours ago, 65ross said:

Some fine golf been played if you been watching first round. Warren at -9, with Thai, Khongwatmal -7, six other at -6 one being Danny Willett, found some form. Slow start for Westwood at even par through 16. Malaysia seem very popular for European tour players, guess back home still in winter.  

I love watching tournaments like this on a day like today in Boston. We are having a Blizzard!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw some of this last night ... a loooooot of good scores.  I made a wild assumption that the teeth of a course in Malaysia likely come from weather, and it looked sunny and calm there.  Or its just that those guys are good. :beer:

It is being played on my course. I was there yesterday and the pins were very friendly. Also tees up on the long par 4s.

My guess is the winning score will end up around -16 to -18 as usual on the asian tournaments.

I friend of mine was told by the owner of another tournament venue that during that tournament the first 3 rounds i think the leading score was -15. The ET "promised" the score would not be more than -18 and they set up the course to do this the last day.

11 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Saw some of this last night ... a loooooot of good scores.  I made a wild assumption that the teeth of a course in Malaysia likely come from weather, and it looked sunny and calm there.  Or its just that those guys are good. :beer:

There is very seldom more than ½ club wind in Malaysia.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I love watching tournaments like this on a day like today in Boston. We are having a Blizzard!

How your weather in Boston today, chilly? a nice 18c to 29c in my part of world, KL Malaysia having 25-33c with storms forecast for Saturday and rain Sunday, so course could get a little damp,some hot scores again on day 2,cut at -2 so need be on your game. The young Thai Khongwatmai took a tumble +3, Westwood climbed 70 places with a -6.Bernd Weinberger 11 birdies two bogies go to top of leader board, nice round.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:56 AM, 65ross said:

How your weather in Boston today, chilly? a nice 18c to 29c in my part of world, KL Malaysia having 25-33c with storms forecast for Saturday and rain Sunday, so course could get a little damp,some hot scores again on day 2,cut at -2 so need be on your game. The young Thai Khongwatmai took a tumble +3, Westwood climbed 70 places with a -6.Bernd Weinberger 11 birdies two bogies go to top of leader board, nice round.

We had 12" of snow Thursday and 4-5" more last night. :~( More to come on Monday.

Malaysia would be a better place to be!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2631 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!