IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

(edited)

@billchao, @boogielicious: some A2 backswings progressing to A3 (some unintentionally to A5-ish). Trying to bring the club UP, I feel very steep (rather than being on plane), but that may be a lot better than where I have been. Not sure. 

Before I start to start making a couple of months of repetition of this, am I doing this correctly? I don’t want to start in-graining a wrong motion/habit.

Using a SW, the butt of the club is under me more than it normally would be with mid-iron, but I find it easier to “get” some of these positions with the shorter clubs prior to using longer clubs

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@billchao, @boogielicious: some A2 backswings progressing to A3 (some unintentionally to A5-ish). Trying to bring the club UP, I feel very steep (rather than being on plane), but that may be a lot better than where I have been. Not sure. 

Before I start to start making a couple of months of repetition of this, am I doing this correctly? I don’t want to start in-graining a wrong motion/habit.

Using a SW, the butt of the club is under me more than it normally would be with mid-iron, but I find it easier to “get” some of these positions with the shorter clubs prior to using longer clubs

Looking better, but just do it slower including the downswing. On the downswing, stop at A6, then punch to A9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

53 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Trying to bring the club UP, I feel very steep (rather than being on plane), but that may be a lot better than where I have been.

It's going to feel steep to you because your backswing is normally in and under plane. It's definitely better.

Hell, my own swing feels like I'm taking the clubhead straight up.

I don't think it will take a couple of months of this. You were already here before, but once you stopped thinking about it, you stopped doing it. You'll get to a point where you won't have to consciously think about doing this takeaway move in order to do it. I don't think you have to worry about doing the motion incorrectly because you're monitoring it by video so you can see what you're doing and you're posting here so others can see as well.

Use a 6i. Just not your 6i 😜

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

20 minutes ago, billchao said:

Use a 6i. Just not your 6i 😜

Thanks for feedback and I’m surprised you remembered my 6i problem :-)

23 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Looking better, but just do it slower including the downswing. On the downswing, stop at A6, then punch to A9.

Thanks - I appreciate it

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I’m surprised you remembered my 6i problem

I remember lots of trivial things. It's an especially useful skill when I want to make esoteric jokes about them later.

Damned if I can remember to pay my bills on time without a phone reminder or auto-pay, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Backswings to A3. Will keep working on the slow downswings. I’ll have to post them next go ‘round.

-Jonny

• Administrator

Your right arm shouldn’t stay straight that long - you’re somewhat “faking” the shoulder tilts with a “shrugging” right shoulder. It’s not totally being done with the tilts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Your right arm shouldn’t stay straight that long - you’re somewhat “faking” the shoulder tilts with a “shrugging” right shoulder. It’s not totally being done with the tilts.

I think I see what you mean, let me see if I can change the picture

-Jonny

(edited)

4/29/20 - club head back and up.

a few slower takeaways to A3-ish with a light (40-50% speed) on the downswing 

May not be much better, but these swings felt more relaxed...with less forearm tension. 

I’ll need to record in slow motion sometime next after a few more practice sessions

Edited by woodzie264
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

Swing mapping with 8i

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

Remember the Day 4 drill below? Add that feel at transition. You look really good on the way up, but you come down steep from the top. For me, it almost feels like I press my left index finger down while my right elbow comes down and in front at the same time. This flattens the shaft at A5 and A6. For me, the right elbow then doesn’t get stuck on my side.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

(edited)

4/30/20 - club head back & up

Ignore the pond in the back after today’s monsoon. This post is primarily for my review later. I don’t believe there’s been much of a change in things, but I do feel more comfortable with the back & up without having to think about it. I took it to the range today and I think I stayed true to my changes

Edited by woodzie264
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

(edited)
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Remember the Day 4 drill below? Add that feel at transition. You look really good on the way up, but you come down steep from the top. For me, it almost feels like I press my left index finger down while my right elbow comes down and in front at the same time. This flattens the shaft at A5 and A6. For me, the right elbow then doesn’t get stuck on my side.

I’ll start working on the top position transition after this weekend. I have some buddies coming in for 3 rounds and don’t want to hit the ball like total crap with so much changing 

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

10 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I’ll start working on the top position transition after this weekend. I have some buddies coming in for 3 rounds and don’t want to hit the ball like total crap with so much changing 

When you play this weekend, just play. Don’t think too much about mechanics. Maybe one swing thought tops.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

When you play this weekend, just play. Don’t think too much about mechanics. Maybe one swing thought tops.

Thanks for the reinforcement - that was my plan, but I was thinking you guys would have me bring my all my swing thoughts to the course to “solidify” them,  use them “for real” and to “trust the process” not worrying about immediate results 

-Jonny

40 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Thanks for the reinforcement - that was my plan, but I was thinking you guys would have me bring my all my swing thoughts to the course to “solidify” them,  use them “for real” and to “trust the process” not worrying about immediate results 

Nope. When you practice, practice. When you play, play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

5/04/20 - club face back & up to A3-5

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

5/04/20 - club face back & up to A3-5

@boogielicious, @billchao...thoughts on previous post? If ok, I’ll start in-graining it. If I need changes, I’d rather get it right before repetition sets a pattern

-Jonny