IGNORED

First Eagle Ever!!!!

rmgr
Note: This thread is 5966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

alright so here's the story.. I started playing last summer and I got to be alright. I shot a 44 through 9 holes one time which was pretty good I thought. About a month and a half ago I completely lost my stroke. I was hitting line drive shots, and could not hit the driver at all, it was impossible to elevate the ball with the driver.

I found out my grip was messing me up for some reason even though I thought I had never changed it since the beginning. I messed around with it for a little while and was improving but posting up scores of around 110-120!! Well yesterday I went out for a round with my dad's friend and I hit 30 balls at the range before the round started. For some weird reason I was hitting the driver perfectly, out of nowhere because I didn't go to the range between the last round of golf and this one.

So at the 10th hole a Par 5 of around 500 yards I made my first Eagle ever! Pretty good for a guy shooting around 110 right? The whole was slightly downhill so I hit a three wood, then I had about 230 left but it was really downhill from there so I hit a 5 iron that landed about 12 feet from the hole and made the putt!! I was so excited...

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

Congrats!

I'm still waiting on mine. I thought I had one a couple of months ago, I got a 3 on what I thought was a par 5, but then my playing partner pointed out that it was only a 5 for the ladies, just a long 4 for the men (about 430 yds). I've had a few other sniffs but nothing real solid

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

I felt so good after I finished playing that hole. I felt like I played it perfectly because my 3 wood went straight down the middle, then my 5 iron went straight where I was aiming, and then the putt rolled straight in the hole.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

Wow for someone that just started you hit the ball pretty far.

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

well my swing has always been pretty good (or so people tell me all the time) but I was just not getting a good grip, until now...

In my Essex Stand Bag:

Yeah, 230 for a 5i is really far (even downhill). My 5i yardage is about 180. Congrats on the eagle.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Yeah, 230 for a 5i is really far (even downhill). My 5i yardage is about 180. Congrats on the eagle.

it was really really downhill at the end. It probably played to about 200 if that..

In my Essex Stand Bag:

This is a good start for the best is still to come in your game . Im sure the feeling of that shot still rings and feel positive that it will carry on . Keep this moment intact in your brain to remind you that ... Yes it is possible to play that shot . With more practice and positive thingking i am confident you will love the game of GOLF more . Happy New Year !!!!

Congrats on the 1st... nothing beats the feeling.

I had two this past summer, and more looks than I have ever had. I guess that's proof that I AM improving. The year before I had looks but made 0, nice to have made up for it this year.

Funny story about 1st one last year... playing with wife, had just bought new driver (and she knew about it), but also bought new 3-wood a few days later (she had no idea about this), figured she'd never know. Hole was about 520, and I smoked a 290 yard drive, so I had 230 left. I slip the headcover off my 3-wood, take a practice swing... my wife exclaims "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" It's my 3-wood I reply. NO IT'S NOT. It's the same shaft, just a new head. long story short... eagle, I'm dancing around and my wife is thinking what a Jacka$$... gets an eagle with his new club that he bought without telling me. She did eventually say nice shot a few holes later.

Anyway... I'm also new to this DB and was wondering how to add a signature "whats in my bag" thing.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Lol I drove the green earlier this year on a Par-4 and I guess that was my first "look" but the flag was wayyy too far to even call that a look so this was pretty much the first manageable look I ever had at an eagle

In my Essex Stand Bag:

Anyway... I'm also new to this DB and was wondering how to add a signature "whats in my bag" thing.

It's in your "User CP". Look at the buttons running along the top of the page. It's the very first one. There is an option to change your signature once your in there. The logos that we use for manufacturers are smilies. Just click on the "More" under the smilies and it will give you a full list with the code for each.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Congratulations man! I'm still waiting the day I can make my first eagle... T___T

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I finally got my first eagle last year on a similar sort of play and it's certainly a wonderful feeling.

I didn't exactly have to stress over my putt though (520 Yard Dogleg left Par 5, Driver to 200, 5 Iron to 4 inches, tap in eagle baby).

Hope you have many more to come!

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Lol I drove the green earlier this year on a Par-4 and I guess that was my first "look" but the flag was wayyy too far to even call that a look so this was pretty much the first manageable look I ever had at an eagle

By the way, Tiger made 11 last year according to pgatour.com stats. NOT EASY to finish only 10 behind Tiger IN ANY STAT!

Well, I finished less than ten behind tiger in PGA Tour wins in 07.

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I finished 10 yards behind tiger's PW with my 7 iron!!! lol

In my Essex Stand Bag:

WOW... just looked at PGA stats for number of eagles

I finished only 1 behind Jim Furyk who had 3, and he played a little over 20 rounds more than I did.

Also, there were about ten guys who only had 1 and most played at least 50 rounds. I feel real good about my 2 now even though I had good looks (putts inside 15 feet) on at least 4 occaisions in which I missed.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!