IGNORED

elbow tendonitis

HitAndGiggle
Note: This thread is 2531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I'm getting older. That's what my playing partner said yesterday. I have what feels like tendonitis on the inside bone of my right (trailing arm) elbow from what seems to be overuse hitting balls this winter. Pain was causing me to lose my grip at impact while playing yesterday. I'm betting some other guys here have experienced this. My plan is to rest/ice for a week and then reevaluate. I have hit many balls the past few months trying to rebuild my swing. And, I started getting offers in the mail from AARP recently...

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

I have the same thing but in my right wrist. I am not sure if it is due to excessive practice, or using the computer mouse. The reason I say this, is that I don't seem to notice much pain when swinging a golf club or at least it does not get worse, but after a while on computer, I have sharp pains. I think it is caused by the pincer motion when scrolling the mouse. Advil helps as does ice.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, HitAndGiggle said:

And, I started getting offers in the mail from AARP recently..

You know you're over the hill when this happens...(jk)...

For your elbow, try a velcro strap on your forearm just below the elbow.   In the past, I've had the same issue and that seemed to help.   Drugs, ice and rest help too.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I've had the same sort of issue and found it to be trigger points/knots in my forearm causing the pain in my elbow. Ice and rest is good idea.

On 3/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, HitAndGiggle said:

Well, I'm getting older. That's what my playing partner said yesterday. I have what feels like tendonitis on the inside bone of my right (trailing arm) elbow from what seems to be overuse hitting balls this winter. Pain was causing me to lose my grip at impact while playing yesterday. I'm betting some other guys here have experienced this. My plan is to rest/ice for a week and then reevaluate. I have hit many balls the past few months trying to rebuild my swing. And, I started getting offers in the mail from AARP recently...

You have "Golfers Elbow".  I know the spot, have it myself.  Wearing a tennis elbow strap that has the air cushion in it helps tremendously.  Similiar to Tennis elbow, it's just on the inside of the elbow vs. Tennis elbow which is the big tendon on top of your forearm.

Do a Google search on it.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Typhoon92 said:

You have "Golfers Elbow".  I know the spot, have it myself.  Wearing a tennis elbow strap that has the air cushion in it helps tremendously.  Similiar to Tennis elbow, it's just on the inside of the elbow vs. Tennis elbow which is the big tendon on top of your forearm.

Do a Google search on it.

I believe that's the case. I did make a point to rest it a bit and ice it incessantly. It's gotten much better. I did hit a bucket of 90 on Sunday and in paying attention, noticed that it didn't get worse. I think I may had initially done the damage with a couple fat shots in the mud lately. On one, it felt like I almost broke my right hand. Big ole klutz, I am.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

• 1 month later...

Hello. I was told by a PT that the best way treat golfer's/tennis' elbow is to strengthen the muscles around it, i.e. forearm arm muscles. Had the same predicament and started doing resistance training like hammer curls, bicep curls, triceps extension then eventually the pain went away. with stronger arm muscles (and or course other muscles too), ive been hitting balls pain free ever since.

Note: This thread is 2531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!