Killa

My Swing (Killa)

131 posts / 23187 viewsLast Reply

So this is my current swing. So on the backswing / top of the swing there is pretty much only one thing that I will change - I actually did it in front of the mirror already and it’s an easy fix is to do what’s in the attached picture. 

On the downswing I want to shallow a bit more and that will come with the improved rotation where I’m still lagging a bit behind and I tend to “flip” at the ball a bit. I’m having flip in parentheses because I don’t actually flip but I want more shaft lean on impact with my irons and a more negative AoA. 

So that’s this winters project. 

01215003-A619-431C-B2F2-BC28A7EEEB60.jpeg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Ok so I was indoor again today. About 15 minutes putting and an hour of full swings. My plan is to work on my putting quite a bit this winter. It’s still possible to play but I’m busy at work so I might not get more than a couple of rounds in in the next two months. 

But this is my current swing at about 80%. Don’t know why but I cannot translate the same move at full power. I guess my sequencing is off then and I try to do too much with my hands too soon.  

I’m again having trouble to upload a slowmotion video to YouTube, but you can just change the playback speed to 0.25x in YouTube directly

Here is a correct video - straightened and slow motion

3 hours ago, iacas said:

So what's the game like these days?

Well it’s off season right now but last few times I guess I average about 95. 

When I hit my driver well I’m in the low 90s, when the driver is off I can slide over 100. 

Gamegolf says that vs a 10 hcp I lose 0.4 of a stroke off the tee, 5.6 on the approach 3.5 on the short game and 7 strokes on putting. 

And I feel that’s about right - the approach shots are decent but get difficult if I got a 6 iron or longer in my hand, 7 and down it should be a nGIR. Putting is atrocious. 

So for example last round - 420 yardish par 4. Hit my driver 287 yards, hit my 8 iron on to about 8 yards and 3 putt for bogey. Then hit my driver 230ish below a bush on a par 5, but still manage to bump out with my 3 wood about 180 yards. Hit a wedge 3 feet of the green and then chunk the chip and 3 putt for double...

So right now there are two ways for me to mess up the hole - 3 or even 4 putting, or that big driver slice like 220+ and OB.