IGNORED

Taylormade AeroBurner in 2017

Note: This thread is 2514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and new to the game, just picked golf up about a month ago and I picked up some cheap Wilson Ultra blk clubs new for 130 bucks. I've been to the driving range every other day and I'm looking to go ahead and upgrade the clubs. The driver for the Wilson is horrible for a weak. Looking at the Taylormade  AeroBurner for a driver at my local Taylormade outlet on sale for $100.  What do you guys think of this driver as it was released in 2014 is it too old should I wait and get a newer driver any opinion is greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, ChillinCrazy said:

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and new to the game, just picked golf up about a month ago and I picked up some cheap Wilson Ultra blk clubs new for 130 bucks. I've been to the driving range every other day and I'm looking to go ahead and upgrade the clubs. The driver for the Wilson is horrible for a weak. Looking at the Taylormade  AeroBurner for a driver at my local Taylormade outlet on sale for $100.  What do you guys think of this driver as it was released in 2014 is it too old should I wait and get a newer driver any opinion is greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Read more  

Welcome to The Sand Trap. The Aeroburner is a good driver. I reviewed it for the The Sand Trap here. I would recommend hitting it in a launch simulator if they have one there. Try both regular and stiff shafts. Hope this helps and have fun!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's a good price for a new AeroBurner if you really want something new. But if you're just starting out, clubs aren't going to be your biggest issue. Paraphrasing another post here, performance is 10% equipment and 90% the equipment operator. Focus on a repeatable swing and hitting the ball square. 99% of players aren't as good as their equipment...

On 5/8/2017 at 11:39 AM, Midpack said:

Paraphrasing another post here, performance is 10% equipment and 90% the equipment operator.

The above paraphrase is too simplistic to be useful...

If you have equipment that reasonably fits your game, you get better learning how to  use it. If it doesn't fit your game, you'll never accomplish much.

If a person weighs 150 pounds and has 75 MPH swingspeed with the driver is never going to perform well with a 100-gram X-flex driver. The wrong equipment never allows good performance to materialize.

That's why it's a good idea to try the Aeroburner on the launch monitor. See if it works... 

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

That's a pretty solid driver for the price. I wouldn't worry about the age of it at all. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

17 hours ago, WUTiger said:

The above paraphrase is too simplistic to be useful...

If you have equipment that reasonably fits your game, you get better learning how to  use it. If it doesn't fit your game, you'll never accomplish much.

If a person weighs 150 pounds and has 75 MPH swingspeed with the driver is never going to perform well with a 100-gram X-flex driver. The wrong equipment never allows good performance to materialize.

That's why it's a good idea to try the Aeroburner on the launch monitor. See if it works... 

The numbers were admittedly arbitrary and someone else's, but I stand by my point that it's the operator far more often than the equipment where scores aren't up to par. Unless you go horribly wrong on equipment, and a beginner could stumble into an X-flex driver - but it's not likely.

If you get to the point you have a consistent problem in your shot outcomes, possibly an equipment tweak will help. If the swing tweaks don't work, it's time to check the gear. 

For example, the Golfworks Academy crew says that lie adjustments on irons can help people get their shots on line better. Players who often miss to the left may find (as I did 10 years too late) that they need to flatten the lie angle a degree or two to go straighter. Also, a tendency to hook may be tamed by building up the grips slightly.

Tweaking the putter has helped many golfers improve with their flatstick. A clubfitter that went to an industry school a few years ago learned of these frequent putter problems: too light a head, not enough loft on face, wrong lie angle (causes same problems as bad lie angle with irons).

Again, the point is looking to equipment for consistent problems. If a player has a sequence on full shots of hook, slice, and straight... or fat, thin, fat, thin.... its clearly a swing problem. These players need a swing tweak, not a gear tweak.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 2514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!