IGNORED

Good Cheap golf balls

Note: This thread is 2468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I play Srixon Z Star on sale from Rock Bottom Golf.  If you keep an eye out you can get them for $29 a dozen.  When they are on sale I buy a bunch.  They spin well around the green.  It is a multi layer urethane covered ball.  You could make it your everyday ball and save all the way around.

Good Luck

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

www.lostgolfballs.com is different from golfballs.com.  They are local here in Houston and they sell balls that have not been refurbished...just cleaned up/washed and graded.  Their top grade is very good and reasonably priced.  I am not a fan of refurbished golf balls.  I have found way too many refurbished Titleist balls...put then in a bucket with bleach, soap, and water and seen them come out with the paint all fuzzed up on them.  

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been said a few times already but Snell My Tour Ball.  All-around performance similar to ProV1's at nearly half the price.  I've found they spin a lot, almost too much, on full wedge swings, but the extra spin is handy on delicate shots around the green.  

I use ebay , but generally i'm buying balls for the garden practice so can take lake balls. 

For playing balls, I personally always prefer a new ball to a 'good' ball. Not sure whether that's accurate or not but I figure the loss of quality from being hit many times is greater than the (already small) difference between the brands of ball. 

On 7/8/2017 at 3:11 PM, jwsteele450 said:

It's been said a few times already but Snell My Tour Ball.  All-around performance similar to ProV1's at nearly half the price.  I've found they spin a lot, almost too much, on full wedge swings, but the extra spin is handy on delicate shots around the green.  

Welcome to TST.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I just bought a box of the Bridgestone B6 in vivid yellow. Decent ball and very easy to see off the tee and on the ground.

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

Do the balls found in my yard count?  I crack myself up..... :-)

Good thread for me as I continue my reintroduction to golf.  Was a little stunned on the prices of golf balls, as compared to when I last purchased any around 2002.  

If I ever run out of ProV1's in my yard, will be looking into some of these.  The Snell line sounds interesting.  Maybe the "golf ball fairy" will leave some for me to try soon.  

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, CSkipr said:

I've played Pro V1x for the past 21 years.  Recently I played with a friend who switched to the Pinnacle Long & Soft from Pro V1s so I decided to try them out.   Amazed at the length and the softness of the ball.  Shot 79 yesterday best round this year.   $15 dz.  I'm going to continue to use them and see what happens to my game.  In my opinion there are a lot of good balls out there today and some may fit your swing better than others.

Okay I have now tried out several different new balls and here are my thoughts. From Pinnacle Soft went to Wilson Duo Spin, Volvik Vibe and most recently the Callaway Chrome Soft X Turvis.  I felt like all of these balls have a soft feel with good distance. Could not see any noticeable difference in distance.  Spin around the green with Volvik and Callaway slightly better.  Do love the turvis look (yellow & black) on the Callaway Soft as I can see and follow the ball much better.  No I'm not a GT grad.  Still have found on occasion they will all go in the woods or water.

Note: This thread is 2468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!