IGNORED

A rules question from this morning's round.

Apoc81
Note: This thread is 2518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The

6 hours ago, Apoc81 said:

Number one, I had no idea there was a free rules of golf app. Do you have to be a member of the USGA? Because i'm Canadian, and Golf Canada doesn't give us free anything besides a crappy quarterly magazine. I didn't have a current rules book with me, as I was forced out of the game for almost 3 years due to a workplace injury. I encountered a situation that had never happened to me before and asked a simple question. 

The R&A (your jurisdiction) has a free app.

http://www.randa.org/Apps

(edited)
6 hours ago, iacas said:

Even without the app… it's a free website. Works on mobile too.

http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-and-decisions.html

http://www.randa.org/RulesEquipment/Rules/Rules-Explorer

Either jurisdiction! :-)

I paid them $16 to send me a book before I knew you could get them free. I don't tend to be an app guy, I used to use a golf GPS and moved to an app (If anyone knows which one is best, let me know) using my phone for that (I paid for a month of GolfLogix, trying one at a time) but i'm not that impressed with it, though I may need to get use to it.  I certainly didn't know they were free on the app store. . I Honestly can say I didn't have a clue they made them available free.

I do generally know the ruling when i'm playing, or can get an easy answer afterwards, Adam (club pro) will always show me the ruling, but he works wed-sun. I handed in the card this morning, after I played 9 holes. Quite well, I might add (all things considered), a 44. 

Edited by Apoc81
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You don't even need the app. You can use the web browser on your smart phone if you're too cheap to buy the app. Look up all the rules and decisions.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

You don't even need the app. You can use the web browser on your smart phone if you're too cheap to buy the app. Look up all the rules and decisions.

Yeah… I think we mentioned that above.

Point of clarification: the app is free. You pay $1.99 for the Decisions, if you want 'em. On iOS, anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!