IGNORED

Balls!!!

Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

Im looking for a new ball. Im not bothered about how far it goes (but it would be an added extra!), I would prefer it to be soft and so i could get quite a bit of spin around the greens. I wouldnt want to go over the £20 mark ($40 for you americans!) because im 14 and i simply cant afford it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
The Minzuno Man

In My Bag ...

Driver - Mx-500 9.5 Regular Shaft.
Fairway Woods - 3 & 7 F-50 Reagular Shafts.
Irons - Mx-19 3-Sw Dynamic Gold Regular ShaftsBag - Aerolite 2Balls - , & Any I Find!Putter - C-Groove Tracy 2Grips - Golf Pride Mulit-Compound Blue GripsA Member Of Hunley Hall G.C.

Top Flite D2 Feel. $15 for 15 balls. Balls cheap.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Try the Pinnacle Exception balls.

They are 24 balls/24 bucks. (USD) And they have a soft feel to them but are very responsive.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Top Flite D2 Feel. $15 for 15 balls. Balls cheap.

+1 D2 Feel works well for me. And they were highly rated on Golf Digest's Hot List.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Bridgestone E6+ or Srixon Trispeed, 24.00 each

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

I've never played the Top Flite D2 but it is certainly a good looking ball. There are a few low handicappers at my club that like the Callaway HX Hot.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

This is an easy one. The Titleist ProV Practice balls. They are normal ProV's with tiny little blemishes or misprints. The blemishes dont affect the way the ball plays. So it's just like a ProV but it says practice on it. They should only be about $30-$35. 15 dollars cheaper than normal ones. The balls are brand new and have never been played.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

Bridgestone E6+ or Srixon Trispeed, 24.00 each

I would add the Bridgestone E5 to this selection. same price as the others mentioned.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

Maxfli Fire... on sale almost everyplace for $13 for 12

NXT tour always solid choice $25-30 for 12

Burner TP... $25 for 12

D2's are supposed to be fantastic for price. I am going to try them soon, but at the same time I'll feel weird using a Rock-Flite.

In my opinion the Callaway HX Hots have no spin, and don't get any better distance than the above balls.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I agree with the Top Flite D2 feel, it should fit in to your budget.

Currently in my 2008 Grom bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 19*
Irons: 775 cb 4-GWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58*Putter: "Callie"

I would add the Bridgestone E5 to this selection. same price as the others mentioned.

I can't really tell from the website - what's the real difference in e5 vs. e6? At the Bridgestone Challenge, I was told to give the e6s a try - and I did, and I like them. But I'm wondering a bit what the e5s are. And the difference in the two and their + models, too, I guess.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recommend Srixon AD333. Like how it feel and it putting seem to be very consistent.
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

Check out the February issue of Golf magazine. There is an extensive article about finding the best ball for your particular style of play. I just read it last night, and I'm ready to try out the ball it recommends for me: Titleist NXT Tour.

In the bag:
Driver: Launcher TiO460
Fairway woods: Launcher
Hybrid: Slingshot 23*
Irons: TA4 4-9,P,DWedge: 588 56* sand, 60* lobPutter: White Hot XG

Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!