IGNORED

Home golf room setup

Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 11/30/2017 at 7:46 PM, iacas said:

And if the box is that small, I don't know how much "flight" you're going to get out of a ball, and if the Mevo would work there at all. With a  box that small you have to be close enough to not miss it, EVER, and that's not much flight at all.

It looks like it's less than 4' of flight, probably not enough for the Mevo.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
11 hours ago, billchao said:

It looks like it's less than 4' of flight, probably not enough for the Mevo.

It's also a lot deeper than 4", or whatever I thought I saw above. That's the depth, perhaps, but not once you fold the legs out so it stands.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

It's also a lot deeper than 4", or whatever I thought I saw above. That's the depth, perhaps, but not once you fold the legs out so it stands.

Yeah, and that worried me.  But I worry about a lot of things, sometimes unnecessarily. 

Edge of mat to wall is 56" (in direction ball will go).  I could move it back about a foot before I have to worry about the wall in the other direction.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 6 months later...
On 12/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, Shindig said:

Yeah, and that worried me.  But I worry about a lot of things, sometimes unnecessarily. 

Confession time:  I did something stupid months ago.  I didn't order the iSwingBox.  Worry got the hold of me and then my unanticipated absence from golf for four months kept me from getting it.  I remembered around the Masters and went to get it and... I'm not sure what happened to the company.  Website has been down since then, they don't respond to the message feature on the Facebook, and the product on Amazon is missing too (except one with "contact us before buying" which sets off alarm bells for me).

Any suggestions, either of something to order instead or a way to get either the swingbox or an equivalent replacement?  https://www.thenetreturn.com seems to have some, I just need to check if they'll do what I want (such as not causing me to hit a ball through a window).

At least I did get the TrueStrike so I have something to swing on and hit balls off of.  I just need to have something to hit into now. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Huh, it tells me Pro Series Golf Net needs a room that is minimum 12' wide and 16' long, mine is neither.  It isn't clear why I need such a room though... especially for width.  As for depth, it says it can be 2" from wall, is 3'6" deep, and then recommends 10' on top of that.  I guess for the ball to travel for feedback?  Or is it that I'd be at risk of being hit by the rebounding ball if I'm too much closer?

Maybe I should look for something that won't rebound a ball but would capture a foam one.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

That stinks. I think they probably just went out of business.

I'm not sure what I'd do right now if I were you. I know, for example, Mac O'Grady just propped up a mattress and hit balls against that… so surely something else will work even if it's not a standard net a Swing Box or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shindig - Would something like this hitting net work for you?

https://amzn.to/2xPy0cw

I use a Rukket hitting net in my garage, but at 10 ft wide I think it's too big for your room. The Net Return is only 8 feet wide I believe. 

@Grass Destruction I think so, but the specs on the manufacturer page say I need my room to be larger than it is.  However, the Q&A on Amazon (thanks, btw;  I hadn't looked there and that may be my answer) imply I can use it in a shorter space with irons... which is fine, since my goal is to have a setup where I can hit 7-iron in the house and check positions, contact, etc. 

I should get in touch with the maker ASAP so I have less risk of the same problem I had with the iSwingBox :-( 

Thanks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Okay, I sent the maker of that net a note with the dimensions of my room and set up to see if there's a way it can work.  If it can, I'm going to make the purchase ASAP.

If not, maybe I consider using my den instead, although the den is right at the base of the stairs to the upper floor, and maybe I'd end up completely blocking the way, while the current set up plan is out of the way in a spare bedroom. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Heard back about the netreturn described above: 

You should be Ok with that room size, just a little tight...

As you outlined hitting with a driver may not work.

I'll do some measurements later today to confirm... with a 12' - 3'6" needed for the net ... I can swing a 6-iron in the remaining space, right?  Height and width aren't issues here, just length of room.  If so, I'll finally order the net (almost a year after I made this thread).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!