IGNORED

Making new friends

Maddmaxx63
Note: This thread is 2493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played at Tanglewood Greens yesterday in Menomonie, WI. Beautiful 18 par 72 course. My 1st time playing anything other than a par 3. 

I arrived to play solo and there was a gentleman also a solo so he asked if I wanted to play together and after explaining my new golf status we headed out.   I had a fantastic time. Rob could not have been nicer or more helpful. I just bought a Ben Hogan CFT 3 hybrid on eBay and low and behold Rob had the same club. He offered for me to use it several times. His biggest tip of the day was about my tee height. I was setting it to low for my oversized head driver, loaned me a tall tee and Shazam huge difference. I did a 51 on the front 9 but I had such a good time the score was good and I've lots of room to improve. 

Uou can meet some of the kindest nices people at a golf club and new or season vet all enjoy and are here for fellowship and love of the game. So newbies get out mingle, don't pay a lot of attention to the scores and just have fun. I hope I run into Rob again. I'll go 18 next time. 

• Upvote 3

I'm glad you had a good time.  I think golf has gone a long way to making me more social around new people. 

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good for you!

If I may....  Don't just "hope" to run into the next "Rob" again.  Realize that he was playing alone too, and asked you to join him.  Be proactive, and after the round, ask to exchange contact information.  Then reach out to him the next time you play.  That's how a lot of golf buddies come to be!

• Upvote 4

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I agree I wish I had my wife asked me the same question I shrugged I hope to run into him and do just that. And will from know on. Think I'll get some golf buddy cards with info on it to pass out to folks I play with. Ohh new business idea golf buddy cards. Humm humm? Lol

@David in FL has a wonderful tip.   Last year I was paired with a twosome and we quickly became friends.   We set up a second round before sharing phone numbers but you can tell a lot about a person's personality on the golf course.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Amen to that. I'll be playing same course next week do I hope I have another good round and make a new friend. It is still amazing to me how this game can be super competitive and at the same time not at all and just enjoyable all depends on your mood or frame of mind. Love the fact that each round is wholly new and equally as exciting and frustrating and each hole, each shot is a new beginning 

20 minutes ago, Maddmaxx63 said:

Amen to that. I'll be playing same course next week do I hope I have another good round and make a new friend. It is still amazing to me how this game can be super competitive and at the same time not at all and just enjoyable all depends on your mood or frame of mind. Love the fact that each round is wholly new and equally as exciting and frustrating and each hole, each shot is a new beginning 

It's a long shot, but some courses take a phone # when you make a time.  They might be able to give you Rob's number...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

(edited)

Yep this one did wonder if they'd share that or if I can leave my info for him. ?  Thanks for the idea I'll give that a shot 

Edited by Maddmaxx63

Note: This thread is 2493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!