IGNORED

Rahm: Incorrectly Replacing Ball?

DeadMan
Note: This thread is 2480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah I'm talking about it on a message board. Does that increase golf channel viewership?  How?

i was going to watch the 2016 open replay yesterday whether Chamblee fabricated a controversy on Sunday or not. 

I am, however, less likely to watch shows where this guy is featured moving forward. Unfortunately they feature him during prime times so we are stuck with him. 

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, TropicalSandTrap said:

Yeah I'm talking about it on a message board. Does that increase golf channel viewership?  How?

@DaveP043 just told you.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

@DaveP043 just told you.

And to expand on this ever so slightly ... if I'm at home tonight doing nothing and skim through and see that Golf Central is on, I might think to myself "huh, I wonder if those guys are still talking about Rahm's silly rules thing like @TropicalSandTrap said" and turn it on.

Normally I would never watch that show for the same reason as you - I typically only watch golf on the golf channel.

I guess I disagree with the idea that golf channel viewership is driven by whether brandel Chamblee is making up fake new. Golf channel has a pretty specific niche audience. This isn't Fox News competing with MSNBC. 

Edited by TropicalSandTrap

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, TropicalSandTrap said:

I guess I disagree with the idea that golf channel viewership is driven by whether brandel Chamblee is making up fake new. Golf channel has a pretty specific niche audience. This isn't Fox News competing with MSNBC. 

You can't really disagree. It's not an opinion. Controversy drives viewership. It makes more people tune in than it keeps others from watching. It's worked for decades.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can't really disagree. It's not an opinion. Controversy drives viewership. It makes more people tune in than it keeps others from watching. It's worked for decades.

For the freaking golf channel?

yeah, I will disagree

its like the food channel. They don't need to make up stories to drive viewership. And they don't have any competition to need controversies either. Just show golf and people are either going to watch or not, without regard to whether any controversies taking place. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, TropicalSandTrap said:

For the freaking golf channel?

yeah, I will disagree

It's not really an opinion.

You've heard the phrase "no press is bad press" or "there is no such thing as bad publicity"? They are grounded in truth.

It's everywhere. Look at the promos for the nightly news. "What in your water supply could slowly be killing you? Find out at 11." It's on websites (not this one): "This girl lost 50 pounds with apple cider vinegar!" It's sensationalism, and it's Brandel's job, and he has that job and role because it works.

Not really something you can debate. Or disagree with.

You're welcome to dislike it.

Back to the original topic or, preferably, the end.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

and he has that job and role because it works.

This is the important part.  The golf channel is a very successful venture.  They know what they're doing - certainly a lot more than I would - so if they are continuing to pay him and give him more and more air time, then it stands to reason that he's doing his job very well.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

This is the important part.  The golf channel is a very successful venture.  They know what they're doing - certainly a lot more than I would - so if they are continuing to pay him and give him more and more air time, then it stands to reason that he's doing his job very well.

Yes, but…

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

Back to the original topic or, preferably, the end.

I've never found the discussion of facts to be all that interesting. :-)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TropicalSandTrap said:

i was going to watch the 2016 open replay yesterday whether Chamblee fabricated a controversy on Sunday or not. 

I am, however, less likely to watch shows where this guy is featured moving forward. Unfortunately they feature him during prime times so we are stuck with him. 

I don't see that anyone is "stuck" with it.  I haven't even watched TGC in probably 2 months.  Most of their programming just doesn't strike a chord with me.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Rat own! Rat own! Rat own!

There's a local radio screamer I listen to who has been on the air for about 25 years. He once said that the station program director, at the time, told him that he should strive for a balance of where half his listeners loved him, and half hated him!

This would generate the most call ins, and drive ratings. That's what it's all about these days. Call ins, and clicks on a website. The truth be damned!

Note: This thread is 2480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!