IGNORED

which iron will u recommend for beginner?

Note: This thread is 4653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which iron will you recommend?

• Ping - G10
    • Mizuno - Mx 25
    • Nickent - 3DX Hybrid
    • Taylor Made - 2007 R7 iron
    • Muraman - Exim Nano
    • Others - Please post the model. thanks.

I wait to the new clubs come out and buy last years models for cheap and spend the extra money getting them fitted

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the looks of the new style Big Bertha irons....the model with the longer irons taking on a hybrid look. I really think that Callaway reinvented the "game improvement" irons back in 1995. They are still meeting the needs of golfers of all levels.

I'm a Callaway addict when it comes to irons. I know they don't appeal to the purist...but they surely have helped me enjoy the game loads more than I would have otherwise.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Try these out.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

taylor Made Rac Os For Sure.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

my wife just brought me a set of mx-25 last week.. really like the feeling.. it was so much better compare to the other set i have=> Prima III.

i don't think i'll change any more for the next 5 yr unless i get single handicap. hahaha.

How 'bout these:under $300

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/ZVF100

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/HIP750

Under $400

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/TM1150

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/NT675

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/LX5450

Or..Go to your local pro shop and try a bunch of clubs.So,you can actually feel how it hits..Thats what I did,I tried the more expensive TM CGB,Burners and R7..I couldnt hit hit..I spent over 2hrs trying those clubs and ended up purchasing the older TM rac OS2's..

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

Sounds like you purchased the MX-25 but from your poll - I would recommend G10 or R7 - try before you buy. Callaway x18 or X-20 might work for you as another option to consider. Ignore the marketing and purchase what feels good and provides confidence. Spend as little as your ego can afford until you are a mid-handicapper is another option. Good luck with the best game in the world!

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

I would recommend the Cobra FP Irons which I personally use and love them. Another great set would be the Adam Idea a3 os hybrid iron set, which is also great for beginners.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

MPO, the MX-900s are great for beginners, they're similar to the MX-25s but they are cheaper now because the model is being closed out (replaced by the MX-950s). Great forged clubs, you'll get great feedbacl on good and bad hits. It's a keeper!

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

when i started playing i got a used set of titliest muscle back irons and i still use them today.

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

you cant go wrong with mizuno's.. so the mx-25
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Driver --Titleist 907D2 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
F.W. --Titleist 906F4 15.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

• 1 month later...
Mizuno makes the absolute best irons in the world! Everyone who is anyone knows that.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Mizuno makes the absolute best irons in the world! Everyone who is anyone knows that.

Excellent irons but for a beginner Ping G10 might be more forgiving (except for MX950). It's all personal - demo with a fitter and decide what works for you - feel & look are very important as well. If you are confident with the equipment - this will help as well as practice on the green (and driving range when it's raining etc). All the best.

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

I love my G10s. When I was being fit for them, I also hit G5s from the fitting cart, and they are similar- so if you don't want to spend so much money, you might look for a second hand set of those. I plan on keeping my G10s until they fall apart.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

Note: This thread is 4653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!