IGNORED

Ping i200 which shaft

Note: This thread is 1284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been looking at ping i200 for awhile. I am a little weird I learn how the play golf with Wilson Staffs back in the seventies over the years playing different sets of clubs it seems every time I go to game improvement clubs I play worst. My handicap is around fifteen and I was thinking game improvement clubs will help me but it gets worse.  I playing Titleist AP1 and they fill like shelves. Today I hit the Taylormade M1 Mizuno forge balance JPX 900 Taylormade p770 and the Ping i200. The club that had the smallest dispersion was the i200's. The shaft was the stock AWT 2.0 stiff shaft.  
My question is should I go with the stiff or regular shaft?
Here are my numbers.

7 iron

My average numbers 
club head speed 74.3 
ball speed 101mph
launch angle 24.6
side spin 315 L rpm
backspin 3463
Total spin 3501
peak height 31 yards
average Carry 145.33
Total distance 159.42
offline 2 yards

Whichever one you get fitted for. And I believe Ping (and most other companies) will fit for free if you are buying from them. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:10 AM, kmaultsby said:

backspin 3463
Total spin 3501

I would say your spin looks really low. LPGA players average 104 ball speed, but 6700 rpm spin. you are getting nearly half the spin rate for only 3 mph difference in ball speed.

What type of machine did you see these number on?

Take a look at this Ping shaft chart to see where different models place:

Ping Shaft Diagrams

The AWT 2.0 shaft features:

• Regular 98 grams / Mid high launch
  • Stiff 104 grams / Mid launch
  • XS 119 grams /Mid-low launch

The best thing to do would be continue with the fitting. It's free from Ping (and most other companies) if you buy new irons.

On 8/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, kmaultsby said:

I went to another local golf shop and checked the ping shaft chart looks like I need to go to Regular.  Thanks, all.

It doesn't really work like that. You are spending the cash, why not get fitted for what you really need? 

On 8/11/2017 at 0:18 PM, Apoc81 said:

It doesn't really work like that. You are spending the cash, why not get fitted for what you really need? 

I should have been a little clearer.  That was a fitting. It was not a complete fitting but going from stiff to regular was a big difference.

• 7 months later...
Note: This thread is 1284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Hello Arturo28mx, Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure the analogy fits my question very well though, or perhaps I didn't communicate my question well. To me it's not about "I want to learn to drive a car so I'll buy a Ferrari to force myself to learn to be a better driver.".  I agree with you, I don't see how buying a Ferrari would make me a better driver than say, a Toyota Corolla. It's more like "I want to learn to learn to drive a manual sports car but manual sports cars usually have very precise clutches and don't offer the driver a large margin of error.  Would it be better or faster for me to start by learning on a manual car whose clutch has a large margin of error and working my way up, or dive in the deep end right away and start with a manual car whose clutch has a small margin of error right off the bat." The way I see it, generally speaking, people learn and improve faster when they are forced to.  It usually takes people a lot longer to learn or improve in something if there's no sense of urgency or necessity.  Of course there are people who can keep themselves motivated and will learn or improve very quickly regardless; but generally speaking, urgency and necessity are very good motivators. My goal is to be able to consistently strike the ball in the center of the club face.  My question is, would it be better to force myself to use less forgiving golf club heads right at the beginning, necessitating me to really focus on consistently striking the ball perfectly center right away.  Or use more forgiving golf club heads at first and remove the necessity to strike the ball perfectly center every time since the club head will forgive off center strikes (to a certain extent).   @arturo28mx    
    • Hello Arturo28mx, Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure the analogy fits my question very well though, or perhaps I didn't communicate my question well. To me it's not about "I want to learn to drive a car so I'll buy a Ferrari to force myself to learn to be a better driver.".  I agree with you, I don't see how buying a Ferrari would make me a better driver than say, a Toyota Corolla. It's more like "I want to learn to learn to drive a manual sports car but manual sports cars usually have very precise clutches and don't offer the driver a large margin of error.  Would it be better or faster for me to start by learning on a manual car whose clutch has a large margin of error and working my way up, or dive in the deep end right away and start with a manual car whose clutch has a small margin of error right off the bat." The way I see it, generally speaking, people learn and improve faster when they are forced to.  It usually takes people a lot longer to learn or improve in something if there's no sense of urgency or necessity.  Of course there are people who can keep themselves motivated and will learn or improve very quickly regardless; but generally speaking, urgency and necessity are very good motivators. My goal is to be able to consistently strike the ball in the center of the club face.  My question is, would it be better to force myself to use less forgiving golf club heads right at the beginning, necessitating me to really focus on consistently striking the ball perfectly center right away.  Or use more forgiving golf club heads at first and remove the necessity to strike the ball perfectly center every time since the club head will forgive off center strikes (to a certain extent).   @arturo28mx    
    • So I stumbled across on how to change your lineup.   1. Hit Edit Roster. 2. Select the Round, say Round 2. 3. Select the Active player you want to move. This means select and hold your finger on the player (place finger on the player image) and drag the player down to the player you want to replace him with and let go. Drag the player and put him over the player you want. This can be found no where in FAQ. Good Luck.  
    • So I stumbled across on how to change your lineup.   1. Hit Edit Roster. 2. Select the Round, say Round 2. 3. Select the Active player you want to move. This means select and hold your finger on the player (place finger on the player image) and drag the player down to the player you want to replace him with and let go. Drag the player and put him over the player you want. This can be found no where in FAQ. Good Luck.  
    • Really curious what the sample size is there. But, yeah, they've been talking about this for a few months, and started awhile ago.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Aj_ ninja
      Aj_ ninja
      (35 years old)
    2. Bay20
      Bay20
      (56 years old)
    3. boomer15
      boomer15
      (46 years old)
    4. ckeller52
      ckeller52
      (65 years old)
    5. Drmizz
      Drmizz
      (50 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...