IGNORED

4K 32" monitors rule!

Lihu
Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My computer got an upgrade today, and it makes browsing websites and stuff really nice. That's partly why I'm posting here! :-D

It's on sale at CDW right now.

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Samsung-UH85-Series-U32H850UMN-LED-monitor-32in/4587144.aspx?pfm=srh

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, Lihu said:

My computer got an upgrade today, and it makes browsing websites and stuff really nice. That's partly why I'm posting here! :-D

It's on sale at CDW right now.

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Samsung-UH85-Series-U32H850UMN-LED-monitor-32in/4587144.aspx?pfm=srh

I've gone all 4K as well, amazing for reading text. If you're not too choosy on brand and specs and just using it for text, no gaming, can get one for really cheap now if you time it right.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 4.07.13 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Biggest (only) TV in my house is 32", it certainly isn't a 4K.  Enjoy yours (assuming you got one).

I started price comparing TVs yesterday though and will probably get 1-2 more soon.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I bought a 40" 4K Samsung last year on Black Friday.   I paid around $450.   It's the best TV in the house.  Black Friday and Superbowl weekend are some of the best times to buy TVs.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Wait, there's a difference between 4K TVs and 4K monitors.

A monitor, which you use for computer purposes, you're going to be up close, so it matters that it's 4K, as you can see crisply defined text better. I'm not a gamer, but there are optimizations 4K has for games. I can tell the massive difference when reading text on a 4K vs 1K monitor.

But a TV, where you're 6, 8, 10 feet away, you can't tell the difference between 4K and 1080 (1K) w/the naked eye until the screen is around 55 inches. And in tandem with HDR, it makes visual and  economical sense to get a TV that's 60 inches or larger. Or that's how I understood it and was advised.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.48.20 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This one is only 27 inches but $340, at least till midnight, I think this is my secondary monitor and so far has worked well for me.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1269688-REG/lg_27ud58_b_27_4k_freesync.html

Steve

On 8/26/2017 at 2:28 PM, nevets88 said:

This one is only 27 inches but $340, at least till midnight, I think this is my secondary monitor and so far has worked well for me.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1269688-REG/lg_27ud58_b_27_4k_freesync.html

Wow, at 27 inches you're looking at really great resolution!

I'll probably be needing another monitor since someone at work stole the one from my desk. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!