IGNORED

Glove?

muskegman
Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear a glove?

• Glove
    • No glove
    • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

• Administrator
I've only played a couple of rounds without one. I don't know how people can bare the pain on there hands without ones (maybe it's because I play everyday? idk)

What pain? I play just about every day.

Pain can really only come from bad swings, because the only thing that can cause pain is having the grip slide or move in some way. Hit the ball fat, thin, or somewhere where the club twists and you have a bad swing. Swing in such a way that you regrip or aren't properly supporting the clubhead at the top and you'll get some pain. And contrary to what you may also think, a loose grip helps. Many people who rip up their hands grip the club too tightly. So, if you're ripping up your hands playing golf, something else ain't right (and you're going to go through your gloves far more quickly than you should be, too).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I didn't use a glove at the range, and I actually liked the feeling better than with a glove. I think I'm gonna go with no glove for a while.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

i go through a glove in about 2 weeks

DRIVER: R7 425 REAX STIFF
WOOD: R5 3 FW
IRONS: MP-60 4-PW
HYBRID: RESCUE MID 3 STEEL
WEDGES: MP R 52 & 58 CHROMEPUTTER: BLADEcoming soon: new woods and putter

I wear a glove except when putting ... I like the feel of the putter without a glove because I seem to get better feel.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I have to wear a glove - too sweaty without one. I take it off to chip and putt. I have tried some of these synthetic gloves, and i don't like them at all. I like to go with a nice soft leather glove.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I like playing without a glove, as it`s pretty comfort, almost as not wearing underwear (don`t tell anyone I said that...)
But, if I don`t wear a glove at all during a regular round, I`ll probably get a couple of blisters.
I enjoy using Titleist`s Players glove... You should check it out.

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

I have to have it, in the summer especially, or else the club may fly out of my hands. I keep it on while chipping, but I do indeed take it off for putts.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

No glove, No love! I wear one for everything cept putting.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

I go through gloves every few rounds........and I only wear them to play golf, I swear.

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

• 1 month later...
I find if I practice without one I get blisters, so I have to play with one to keep the feel the same. However I take it off for short chips and putting as I like to have more feel.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I started no gloving it when I started playing with a pro that was on the Tommy Armour tour (early 90s). He turned me on to Tour Wraps and bare hands (plus I was broke). I always play with a towel with a damp corner. A quick wipe of the grip and sometimes the hand and I am ready to go. It has never failed me and I live in the capital of humidity, SoFla. I always grin whenever a playing partner has to stop in the pro shop to buy a new glove.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I just stopped wearing a glove and have found I'm better for it.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Wish I didn't need gloves but without doing manual labor my hands just aren't calloused enough. Also with the weather here in Miami you get so sweaty you need the extra grip - I actually use two gloves. What a PITA.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

• 3 months later...

No gloves, unless the rain or cold absolutely require it.

I don't like that extra layer between my hand and the club

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

During the summer I never use gloves. I prefer to "feel" the club and with gloves on it just doesn't feel right IMO. However, during the winter it can get pretty cold here so I do have to wear them. I only have one pair of wintergloves.
Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!