IGNORED

DC's Justice League

iacas
Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

Anyone looking forward to this?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not really. I'll probably end up going to see it, but I was never big into Justice league. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Not really. I'll probably end up going to see it, but I was never big into Justice league. 

Has decent star power, though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

TIL that Superman is dead (for now) in the DC movie universe.  Huh.

I haven't seen any of the recent DC movies, except Suicide Squad (which was awful)...but I might check this one out.

- John

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

TIL that Superman is dead (for now) in the DC movie universe.  Huh.

I haven't seen any of the recent DC movies, except Suicide Squad (which was awful)...but I might check this one out.

Pretty sure he appears in this one.

Henry Cavill plays him.

I'm a fan.   

8 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

that was one of the worst movies of recent times!

I was excited to see Wonder Woman and wasn't disappointed.  Batman vs. Superman had a dumb ending.   Green Lantern wasn't very good,  I did like the previous Superman movies though.   

Even with all of the flops that DC has had, these are the characters that I read about in the comics as a pre-teen and enjoyed.   

I'll head to the theater to see it.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Pretty sure he appears in this one.

Henry Cavill plays him.

Ah.

I just looked into this a bit...yeah, looks like Cavill is in the movie, but I'm not sure Superman is actually ALIVE in the Universe...right? (emphasis mine in the excerpt below)

The new Justice League trailer dropped today and while it brought fans their first look at Clark Kent in the film, it also posed a new question about Superman’s role in the movie.

We’ve known that Henry Cavill would return for Justice League, despite Superman being killed in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Fans have mostly assumed that this meant Superman would be resurrected and come to the Justice League’s aid in their battle against Steppenwolf. But what if Cavill is only actually in the movie as Lois Lane’s memory of Clark Kent?

The trailer show Lois (Amy Adams) standing on the porch of the Kent family farm. She looks out at a field of grain and sees Clark standing there. He asks if she said yes, in regards to the ring on her finger. It's then that Lois wakes up alone in bed, revealing the entire scene was just a dream.

Could this be Superman’s entire role in Justice League? Not necessarily confined to that particular scene, but as a series of dreams or memories in Lois’ head. That would mean no resurrection for the Man of Steel in Justice League, but perhaps in a film that seems as much about Superman’s legacy as anything else, this would make sense.

This isn’t to say that Superman isn’t going to be resurrected eventually. There’s is no way that Warner Bros. is going to continue with the DC Extended Universe movies without bringing one of its most iconic symbols, and most profitable merchandising properties, back to the forefront. Justice League just may not be when it happens.

13 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I was excited to see Wonder Woman and wasn't disappointed. 

Yeah...honestly, the quality of the Wonder Woman movie is a big part of why I'm interested in actually seeing this, despite not seeing any of the previous ones (and having almost zero interest in a Ben Affleck Batman movie).

- John

• Administrator

Ugh. Wonder Woman. Lousy movie.

I liked Wonder Woman but the trailer for JL looks like a hot mess. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

huh?   How so?

I said why in the Films topic.

Note: This thread is 2388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!