IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge November 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working on Golf meditation. Basically taking a breath under some pressure. Hitting driver, wait a bit then hit my approach, walk to the short game area hit one chip, then putting area to putt. The pressure is from people getting pissed off at me from using the stall for this long instead of beating ball after ball. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice one @Lihu gotta try that one. But today 11/4 for me it was 3 & 5 wood practice, hit a few dozen behind the home. Was a bit inconsistent with them yesterday. Just working on tempo and contact.

Edited by iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I played today. I warmed up working on my arm speed. On the course I discovered that working on my swing thoughts with my practice swing and then just thinking target over the ball paid dividends. 

In other news, I found out my forearms and hence shoulders are aiming well left while putting. I had an epiphany on the practice green and on the course. If I square up my ball rolls end over end perfectly. I have something new to work on!

11/4/17:

Centered turn drills today. Trying to keep everything centered.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Some kid and his brother asked me how to hit straight on my second trip to a driving range today. They were beginners,so I told them that I don't hit straight even if it kind of looks like I do to them. I just told them the usual body mechanics stuff and pointed over to the head instructor and told them to talk to him. The head instructor looked kind of happy in a dubious way. . . :whistle:

I hit over 240 balls today for whatever demented reason. . .One session where I hit balls like I do on the course taking 2 and a half hours to hit 80 balls, then another time to work on trying to keep the grip in my fingers with 160 balls and I still had more that I gave to the two brothers. I was trying to get the feel for gripping in the fingers through impact. The good news is my muscles aren't sore or anything, but I think I still hit way too many balls.

4 hours ago, iSank said:

Nice one @Lihu gotta try that one. But today 11/4 for me it was 3 & 5 wood practice, hit a few dozen behind the home. Was a bit inconsistent with them yesterday. Just working on tempo and contact.

Thanks, just like playing the course.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11/5/17:

Still working with my new stronger grip, focusing with slower swings to get my positions correct. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Still trying to grip in the fingers. Getting more consistent shots with the target line A2 alignment. Hit another 150 balls today. One drive hit the top of the back fence, and others piddled in front. 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/05 - played today....like garbage. Pitches were good though 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

More mirror work today. Trying to get my forearms lined up for my putting. I bought myself a training aid called the T stroke. Should be very helpful for ensuring I’m not overdoing it (or underdoing it). 

11/5 hit a bucket, picking target flags with my 5,7 & 8; then played four holes. Groups were kinda slow and I was getting hungry. 

On 11/1/2017 at 6:10 AM, Lihu said:

Practicing my "target line A2 takeaway" in front of the darkened window used as a mirror.

More of this with the grip modification I've been trying to do. More in the fingers and less in the palm.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/6/17:

Basic drills exaggerating Weight Forward and In-Line Impact in the mirror this morning. No club just exaggerating the move. Just trying to get use to the feeling.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Five minutes in the basement chipping. Working on contact and keeping shallow angle of attack. Then a few putts on my Mi putting template to work on my path. 

15 min out back, hitting 4 & 8 irons, tried to find the sweet spot and keep a consistent tempo, then brought the party indoors for living room putting games. 11/6 a nice day.

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

More of this with the grip modification I've been trying to do. More in the fingers and less in the palm.

More mirror work. Couldn't get to the range yesterday. Got too busy at work.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

10 min out back hitting driver off of the grass. Focused on Good contact, put one over to the neighbors. Games lined up for Friday and Saturday, will see how tomorrow looks.  11/7

Edited by iSank
Added date

Hit balls on two driving ranges. Practice was terrible. Going to do more mirror work to get back the straighter swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!