IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge November 2017

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 2331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

11/7/17:

More swings with a 7i focusing on grip pressure and flat left wrist at the top of the backswing.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hit balls on two driving ranges. Practice was terrible. Going to do more mirror work to get back the straighter swing.

My focus is on keeping my lead wrist pronated, so my swing swallowed out again. Working on some flexibility exercises to steepen it out again. It's worth going this wayΒ because my drives are coming out straight and just as far or even farther than before.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11/8/17:

Alina's 4th Birthday. Alina and I had a putting contest from 4, 8, and 12 feet... Let's just say after 9 rounds, it was a draw.

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

12 hours ago, Lihu said:

My focus is on keeping my lead wrist pronated, so my swing swallowed out again. Working on some flexibility exercises to steepen it out again. It's worth going this wayΒ because my drives are coming out straight and just as far or even farther than before.

My driving pretty much sucked today. I played a round where I spun everything, hit the toe, heel or trees. Got a couple good drives in. Well, I finally committed to 1/2 swing feels with all my irons (even though they were likely full swings), and my scoring wasn't so bad. Should have done the same for driver and 3W. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent a few minutes putting and a few minutes chipping in my basement. I've been reading Stan Utley's art of the short game and with my chipping I was trying to work on moving the clubhead away from the ball first. Felt pretty good.

On to page 3 11/8. Went out back with 8I & a box, and tried chipping the shots in from around 25 ft, took longer than I thought so I turned it length wise so I faced the skinny side and sunk one on the next round of 3.

good fun!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

My transition has become a problem again. Slowing down my back swing again. Doing mirror work to slow it down.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/9/17:

Hit some shots with longer clubs focusing on "finishing the backswing".

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

My transition has become a problem again. Slowing down my back swing again. Doing mirror work to slow it down.

Spent an hour working on this. Taking to the course....

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Spent an hour working on this. Taking to the course....

Didn’t take to course but hit some nice shots on the range. Dispersion is down. Still too many outliers. The hook rears it’s ugly head now and then. Golfer on the first hole appreciate when I can get rid of it...

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Was watching this guy named Phil on YouTube so I worked on putting and focused on putter, arms and hands moving towards the target.Β 

11/9

Working on keeping the lead wrist pronated, making a full shoulder turn, keeping the shaft straight to target line at A2, slowing the backswing almost like a slow motion movement, getting pressure on back foot at the top of the swing.

Hit a few PW attempting to keep these all in the swing. Got my flight back again. Couldn't do it off the grass, but I was able to get my really high flight doing this.

So, my focus is on these items through theΒ swing. Have checkpoints at A2 and the top.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

chipping and putting in the basement again today. Working on my Utley stuff with the chipping and then alignment on my putting. It feels weird, so I have to check I'm not overdoing anything.

On this observed Veterans Day, IΒ Tee’d off at sunrise, focused on no six’s.Β Made it to #14 par 5, then had 1 more six on par 5 16th. Still an enjoyable morning out.

11/10Β 

will try again tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

Working on keeping the lead wrist pronated, making a full shoulder turn, keeping the shaft straight to target line at A2, slowing the backswing almost like a slow motion movement, getting pressure on back foot at the top of the swing.

Hit a few PW attempting to keep these all in the swing. Got my flight back again. Couldn't do it off the grass, but I was able to get my really high flight doing this.

So, my focus is on these items through theΒ swing. Have checkpoints at A2 and the top.

Tried to do this. Got up to my 6i and everything went south. Got one good 3W shot and everything else sucked. Pissed at myself.

Going back tonight to the soft Swing. Every time I try to muscle things it all falls apart!Β :mad:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11/10/17:

Putted in the living room for about 10 minutes.

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

Tried to do this. Got up to my 6i and everything went south. Got one good 3W shot and everything else sucked. Pissed at myself.

Going back tonight to the soft Swing. Every time I try to muscle things it all falls apart!Β :mad:

Relaxed my arms keeping grip and letting the core muscles tense in the opposing direction worked really good. At first it was awkward, but as I hit another 120 balls, I got the hang of it. Took 240 balls for me to "get comfortable".

Hit a lot of driver and for whatever reason I have a 10 degree "pull". Actually, have that same pull on all my clubs. Going to have to look at my path again.Not sure why because I can see the blur moving away from the ball out to my left. Doesn't make sense? I hit a couple balls off the turf and the divots were about 10 degrees out. I'm going back to a LM to see what's going on?!?

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note:Β This thread is 2331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!