IGNORED

Gigagolf 2017

tehuti
Note: This thread is 2385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are plenty of discussions about clones and Gigagolf specifically on TST, but since most are several years old I wanted to hear from folks who are playing them in 2017.

I’ve just come back to the game after many years. As a high handicapper and occasional golfer I just can’t justify paying for name brand gear. It’s not that important to me. Also I tend to prefer new over used, especially if they are fitted for me.

That being said, I spent several weeks researching club options and eventually ordered some Gigagolf TRX Powershot irons 5-pw, and a P3 driver. I’ve had them nearly two weeks so not much to report yet, but so far I like them, though I am struggling with the driver.

Going forward I still need to replace a 3 wood and sand wedge.

Who has experience with GG, Pinemeadow, Hireko and Diamond Tour? How do you like them? What are your recommendations for fairway woods and hybrids?

Just curious.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, tehuti said:

There are plenty of discussions about clones and Gigagolf specifically on TST, but since most are several years old I wanted to hear from folks who are playing them in 2017.

I’ve just come back to the game after many years. As a high handicapper and occasional golfer I just can’t justify paying for name brand gear. It’s not that important to me. Also I tend to prefer new over used, especially if they are fitted for me.

That being said, I spent several weeks researching club options and eventually ordered some Gigagolf TRX Powershot irons 5-pw, and a P3 driver. I’ve had them nearly two weeks so not much to report yet, but so far I like them, though I am struggling with the driver.

Going forward I still need to replace a 3 wood and sand wedge.

Who has experience with GG, Pinemeadow, Hireko and Diamond Tour? How do you like them? What are your recommendations for fairway woods and hybrids?

Just curious.

A little late to pose the question as you have already purchased. All I would say is that the "fitting" offered through a website isn't a real fitting. I believe you need to evaluate the dynamic motions of a player's swing to obtain a true fitting. Given that, you could have taken the fitting numbers (length and lie) provided by GG and used it to shop for used name brands with your specs for the same price or less than you paid for the GG set. Having said that, in either case, if they work, they work. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I've been playing my GG irons for the last 4-5 years and they've done pretty well for me so far.  It's definitely not the clubs that's holding me back and I don't have easy access to second hand stores and the like...

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

12 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

A little late to pose the question as you have already purchased. All I would say is that the "fitting" offered through a website isn't a real fitting. I believe you need to evaluate the dynamic motions of a player's swing to obtain a true fitting. Given that, you could have taken the fitting numbers (length and lie) provided by GG and used it to shop for used name brands with your specs for the same price or less than you paid for the GG set. Having said that, in either case, if they work, they work. 

Thanks for the advice. As I mentioned I am an occasional golfer, plus I prefer to buy new rather than used (generally). So the online fitting is good enough for my purposes. Since GG and the like are such small, lesser known brands I just wanted to hear from others who play them.

Note: This thread is 2385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!