IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 2274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Dec 18Β  Day 18Β Β Β Β  Invested 90 minutes on the range working through someΒ motion drills assigned by my coach at The Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.Β  Also did my three times a week, speed training with the Super Speed Golf system.Β Β  Then played even par for 6 holes of golf before calling it a day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12/18/17:

Slow 9-iron swings in the yard, focusing on smooth transistion from my 3/4 as full position.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 12/18/2017 at 6:06 AM, Lihu said:

Doing the same at work now. My sequence was off by a late hip by a 10 degrees or so? Re-iniating my leg to hip initiating the downswing again. Repeating many times...

Repeating many times one right after another to ingrain that hip first feel.

Starting to put whip back into it.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Today will be my first day doing this challenge. I video'd my swing Sunday, got some feedback yesterday and thus my top priority for the next couple weeks is to change my address/swing posture. I'll be practicing my set up in the mirror every day.

This morning I practiced getting into my setup in the mirror, specifically ensuring my feet were shoulder width and my feet were slightly flared outward allowing my knees to "point" out rather than in. I plan to practice this each day this week at home and possibly hit the indoor range to practice getting into it and swinging a bit later in the week.

Day 19Β  Dec 19Β Β Β Β  Hit balls on the range for a while working on getting onto my left side.Β  Then played 16 holes of golf before I had to head in so I could work on some landscaping at home.Β  I was 5 over for 16 holes, not particularly good.Β Β Β  Dratt!!

12/19/17:

I'm at 263 days in a row.

Well I think I'm going to do a more detailed post for once.Β 

It was a warmer day today, so I hit some limited flight balls with 54Β°, PW, 7i, and 4i. Mostly using my recent practice keys, and getting some feedback. A lot of these drills, are working very well. My shorter half to three-quarter backswing for one. I've been working a lot on my one-piece takeaway, and that seems to be working well. Even the 54Β° wedge has a nice flight and I'm not catching it a little thick.Β 

Mostly trying to keep this groove through the winter months, so once the weather breaks in April I'm not shaking off a bunch of winter rust, so when the tournament season in the summer hits, I'm not just starting to turn the corner, I will have already turned the corner and be running with it.

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

Still hitting fat. :-P

Rinse and repeat tomorrow morning. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12/20/17:

Putting for bead with my metal ruler today mostly from 10-12 feet.

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Still hitting fat. :-P

Rinse and repeat tomorrow morning. . .

Did a bunch of swings today.

I'm making a "ball target simulator" from some scrap parts so my club simulator can report how far off target I am to within 1mm accuracy to simulate the location "on the face" I am simulating hitting.

• Thumbs Up 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dec 20Β  Day 20Β Β  Worked on the range for a while focusing on keeping my head steady in my backswing, then played 18 holes of golf at Southern Hills Plantation - a Pete Dye designed course.Β Β  Hit 11 greens in regulation which is about my average this last quarter.Β  My goal for the last quarter of 2018 is to average 13 GIR.Β Β  Now off to re-reading sections of Lowest Score Wins!!

On 12/19/2017 at 6:40 AM, Lihu said:

Putting the whip back into the steeper swing. Hands as high as possible at the top. Club path still looks reasonable. Simpler path seem s to be better. Just need to incorporate not hitting fat and not flipping at the end. Need to compress downward at the bottom of the swing.

Working on club simulator, and now the distance to target (sweet spot) measurement tool.Β 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dec 21 Day 21Β Β  Invested two plus hours on the range working through motion drills.Β  Then spent 30 minutes working on pitches and chips from 5-15 yards off the green.Β  The course was empty in the late afternoon, so I did the chipping and pitching around the 10th and 18th greens.Β  Also continued to work on improving my swing speed using the Super Speed Golf Training System.

12/21/17

Hit my wooden driver a few times with my new stronger grip, most of the focus was on coming from the inside into impact, actually hit some really nice draws about 240 yards, as it was about 30Β° today.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:44 AM, Lihu said:

Putting the whip back into the steeper swing. Hands as high as possible at the top. Club path still looks reasonable. Simpler path seem s to be better. Just need to incorporate not hitting fat and not flipping at the end. Need to compress downward at the bottom of the swing.

This seems to be working out. I just have to keep myself from flipping at impact. That's possibly why I'm getting a launch angle of 26 degrees with my 9i.

Also working on a steeper path into impact by hitting my club simulator into a target on the ground.

Β 

On 12/21/2017 at 5:44 AM, Lihu said:

Working on club simulator, and now the distance to target (sweet spot) measurement tool.Β 

The first model looks huge, I'm going to shrink it down a bit. Put it on a regular shaft and the thing looks ridiculously big.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dec 22 Day 22Β Β  Spent 90 minutes on the putting green using the Pelz Putt Tutor to assess and drill starting the ball on line, then the Pelz Putter Clip to work on centeredness of hit, then The Gate Drill using left and right hand only swing, finished with 40 putts to various holes on the putting green -- all putts were greater than 30 feet to help with distance control.

Then spent 3 hours on the range working through the drills on pages 175-178 from the book, "Train For Golf Like an Olympian"Β Β  Specifically working on club awareness and motion drills.

12/22/17:

Five minutes of takeaway drills this morning, just trying to get the feeling of a one-piece takeaway low and slow. So I really have to slow down to achieve this.

Note:Β This thread is 2274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!