IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dec 26  Day 26   Great weather today.  Spent an hour on the practice putting green using the Pelz Putting Tutor and a couple of distance drills from the book, "Make More Putts"   Then went to the range for 90 minutes working on straight left arm and keeping my head steady.   Then played 9 holes.  I hit 7 GIR, and had one three putt... for a one over par 37.   As my coach used to say, "Get Better or Get Beaten"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12/26/17:

9-iron swings in the living room, practicing "staying tall" through my swing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Still building range of motion with steeper arms and shallower club. My swing speed seems to be much slower until I get used to this motion? What's strange is my SS radar indicates that my swing speed went up during my 5 minute practice sessions, but I might have been slowing down or hesitating because of fear of crowning the ball which I did on two warmups and reading 2. All my shots were along the crown.

Side note, I'm running out of those metallic dots. Going to use my 1/4" copper tape. Readings look about the same, but I'm so inconsistent I can't really say?

So, I went from a 3" tee down to a 2.5" tee during my warmups, but am still nearly crowning my club. That's why the shots are going so high with only 2700 rpm of spin and a LA of 18.6 degrees. I'm nowhere near optimal in my strikes. My range buddies laughed that I'm trying to save the sweet spot on my clubs for the off chance that I become good. :-D

Trying to figure out where to setup my ball too, that might have something to do with this mess.

IMG_0036.thumb.JPG.a0c3c73307254d280b61e83a718be372.JPG

Results kind of suck, but I'm really happy to have the LM.

Working on range of motion and the straighter shaft positions.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12/27/17:

271 days in a row... 94 to one consecutive year.

It's 12° outside so I did some path/square face drills indoors with some shorter swings, maybe 3 feet back and through. It's hard to do "full swing" drills indoors (my apartment is kind of small, especially with a 4-year-old and a 6 week old in the house). But you learn to make due with the space you have.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played 9 holes in Phoenix, Arizona with family members. 70 degree weather. Shot 12 over par. Most important....had fun playing with my son who is a Stanford University undergraduate. 

Dec 27 Day 27    Practiced putting for 45 minutes using The Gate Drill to improve centeredness of hit.   Then played 18 holes... Shot 4 over par hitting 13 GIR.  A couple of double bogies killed my score.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day to practice and get better.

Dec 28  Day 28     High outside today is only 57 and very windy (too cold to go to the putting green or the range)....   So continued working on strengthening the left arm and stretching so it is straighter in the backswing, and improving hip mobility with Pelvic Rotation exercises... finally lots of partial swings using the Impact Ball.    Since tomorrow is also cold will probably do the same routine.

3 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

Going to the driving range to hit golf balls. 75 degree weather in Tempe, Arizona

I envy you. I don't even think it was 10° here today.

12/28/17:

I probably won't win Member of the Year (but who cares).

As mentioned above, too cold to do anything outside. So this morning, I continued work with my path drills in the living room. Probably takeaway and a little back of that through impact and a little past it...

I also putted at Dick's for 20 minutes or so focusing on my start line... Made like 13 in a row from 8 feet... Which is pretty good for me. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Played a round with my son with a lower tee. Got my swing back again after the first hole.

Still working on my steeper swing and only just starting to successfully shallow out the club.

Can't  wait until I get back to the LM. :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

Played a round with my son with a lower tee. Got my swing back again after the first hole.

Still working on my steeper swing and only just starting to successfully shallow out the club.

Can't  wait until I get back to the LM. :whistle:

Did some LM work last night with my son. Concluded Mevo is accurate and good. It's way more portable than a GC2 :-D

Still working on my club alignment. Also, noticed I hit some punch cut shots. My path seems okay, at least watching the blur if the club, but who knows? I'll have to check with my club simulator and path detector when I get back to my morning breakfast ritual at work.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 29 Dec 29.   Cold again outside, so I spent a LONG time reading the 65/20/15 Thread.   Wow... glad I did not get in the middle of that.   And I also spent time doing practice swings indoor using the Impact Ball and lots of Thoracic and Pelvic Rotations exercises.  

12/29/17

This morning, I continued work with my path drills in the living room. Probably takeaway and a little back of that through impact and a little past it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Did range work with my daughter yesterday afternoon. Got some Mevo readings on her as well. This is the first time in 7 months she's picked up a club.

These are some of her numbers, I look forward to seeing them improve before her Coed varsity golf starts at her school.

She got better towards the end, but we ran out of stickers. Also we got a couple misreads or something? Some data missing for a couple shots.

IMG_0158.thumb.PNG.cc5c8033992f25f4729c74402d539530.PNGIMG_0159.thumb.PNG.2709bbd9311afe8e1353aa159f570a59.PNGIMG_0160.thumb.PNG.c8d7b5ded6f30ae352981772a222eec7.PNG

I'm working on my body position, and relaxing the shoulders. Hit some decent drives on the range finally! Was monitoring my daughter though. Next trip I'll get more readings of me.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dec 30 Day 30...  Another indoor day. With the cold weather, reminds me when I lived up North.  It should be warmer in Florida, however, it looks like I will not be practicing or playing outside for a week or two!!

Spending most of the day cleaning all the golf related readings and Youtube videos on golf I have bookmarked and never got to... have already looked at a lot and deleted three dozen or so.

In between readings I am working on Pelvic and Thoracic Rotation Drills, swings with an Impact Ball.  And some strengthening with the Momentus Swing Trainer.  

Note: This thread is 2302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!