IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dec 30 Day 30... I posted earlier about working indoor due to the weather, and it got to 64 so I went to the range for 90 minutes to work on my swing -- turning more into my right hip so I sway less on the backswing and getting onto my left leg/foot on my downswing.  Loved being outside.   BTW, is there any way to edit a post that is 5 hours old.  I could not figure out how to do it??

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12/30/17:

Happy Birthday TW! Hit a few chips and pitches indoors with those indoor safe balls... With Alina today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 12/30/2017 at 8:22 AM, Lihu said:

Did range work with my daughter yesterday afternoon. Got some Mevo readings on her as well. This is the first time in 7 months she's picked up a club.

These are some of her numbers, I look forward to seeing them improve before her Coed varsity golf starts at her school.

She got better towards the end, but we ran out of stickers. Also we got a couple misreads or something? Some data missing for a couple shots.

IMG_0158.thumb.PNG.cc5c8033992f25f4729c74402d539530.PNGIMG_0159.thumb.PNG.2709bbd9311afe8e1353aa159f570a59.PNGIMG_0160.thumb.PNG.c8d7b5ded6f30ae352981772a222eec7.PNG

I'm working on my body position, and relaxing the shoulders. Hit some decent drives on the range finally! Was monitoring my daughter though. Next trip I'll get more readings of me.

Last post of the year.

Still working on my body position and relaxing the shoulders.

Competed the December Challenge.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I did 50 swings with my 9 iron in my backyard using plastic balls. Just want to maintain the golf swing motor memory. 

Last morning workout for 2017. 

40 minutes indoor spinning intervals.

Circuit weight training machines 2x10

35 minutes elliptical machine intervals. medium intensity. 

Last Evening workout for 2017. 30 minutes indoor spinning as a recovery.

12/31/17:

I worked on chipping indoors today. Mostly short chips... I have some foam balls, and a coffee can, I practiced trying to chitch the balls in the can on the first bounce.

This completes my December 2017 challenge. Nine months in a row. Three months to a year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Dec 31  Day 31    The weather was in the 60s so I spent a couple of hours on the range, working on turning into my right hip on the backswing, and getting onto my left side on the downswing.   Then I spent an hour on the putting green using The Pelz Putting Tutor working on starting the ball on line.  Looking forward to the New Year.  Happy New Year to all!!

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Went and played 9 holes on a chip and putt par 3 course with two balls. Finished with 30 minutes on the elliptical machine to cool down.

That concludes my golf for 2017. Happy New Year to everyone. Great blogging with all of you. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:29 AM, byrne092 said:

Went through the motions again of feeling a low shoulder, shoulder position at impact and hip turn on the downswing. I feel like it’s coming along and I might finally be building some muscle memory.

can you give me a reference to what you mean here, some video of the drill you are doing and the applicable swing concept which would solve some problem in the swing, thanks

Went to covered heated range in Ohio yesterday, sign out front said "Hey moron, its too cold, range is closed, get a life."  

So, I went to a big box golf store and paid them 20 bucks and used their video machine to calibrate my tiny radar club head gaget for half hour, at the end of hitting machine gun drives for 30 minutes, I was in full sweat, (5 minute workout x 6)  and learned I was spraying it both directions push slice pull hook.  I also videoed the session with my own camera, and learned what I need to work on.  Got my club head speed initial readings of either 100 if you believe the golf store machine or 110 if you believe my gaget.  More calibration to come. 

Good workout, I recommend you invade the golf stores if its below freezing out, during the day, I was the only one in there.   Hey, its 13 bucks for a jumbo bucket off mats at the frozen range,  and 20 to use a simulator by yourself with no "pro" trying to hustle you.  No question which is better value. 

Note: This thread is 2301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!