IGNORED

My Swing (Grass Destruction)

Grass Destruction
Note: This thread is 1907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 25+ years
My current handicap index or average score is: 10.5 hdcp
My typical ball flight is: mid height draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push

Now that winter is here I've moved some things around in the garage, added a heater and am ready to do some practicing. I'm usually a fairly straight hitter but sometimes push it to the right. I'd love to increase my swing speed and get more distance out of all my clubs. All thoughts on my swing are welcome! 

Videos: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Your club does start going inside on the takeaway but you get the club back on plane on the downswing. You said that you push the ball to the right sometimes. The times you push the ball right is when the club fails to get back on plane on the downswing. When the club is not on plane it is probably approaching the ball from the inside and out to the right of your target.

I noticed you do a forward press with your hands to start your swing. A lot of great golfers used some type of action to start their swing from a static position. The thing to be careful with a forward press is too much movement of the hands forward opens the club face and also sets the arms and hands in a position to take the club back to the inside of your target line. 

I would focus on taking the club back along your target line on the backswing. This will correct the club from going inside. You can take a piece of tape and put it on your hitting mat to represent your target line. Hit balls focusing on taking the club back along the piece of tape using your arms and shoulders. Try to minimize the forward press and see if that starts the club back along the target line.

Address.png

Backswing.png

Downswing.png

Improving one shot at a time.

• 1 year later...

OK - it's only been over a year since I updated this so I figured it's time. I took lessons from Golf Tec this last summer and it helped a ton! I've gotten rid of the forward press to start, the swaying to my right on the backswing, and have been able to keep my head fairly steady thru the swing now. These swings were at about 75% of full speed. If I go much harder then the 'chicken wing' in my left arm creeps in, but it's gotten MUCH better with the drills GT has given me to work on. 

7 Iron - Head on

7 Iron DTL

1 hour ago, Grass Destruction said:

OK - it's only been over a year since I updated this so I figured it's time. I took lessons from Golf Tec this last summer and it helped a ton! I've gotten rid of the forward press to start, the swaying to my right on the backswing, and have been able to keep my head fairly steady thru the swing now. These swings were at about 75% of full speed. If I go much harder then the 'chicken wing' in my left arm creeps in, but it's gotten MUCH better with the drills GT has given me to work on. 

7 Iron - Head on

7 Iron DTL

Have the DTL view go along your toe line and not the ball.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Effington said:

How did you like Golftec?  I've heard mixed reviews from them--how much did you your results improve and how many lessons did you take?

I really like GolfTec. My handicap went from 11 to 9 and for a brief 2 week window I was an 8. I paid for 15 lessons and I've been there 9 times so far. I liked the way the instructor concentrated on fixing just one thing and when I have that ingrained, we move on to the next thing. Currently working on the 'chicken wing' which is really hard for me to do for some reason. 

Note: This thread is 1907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!