IGNORED

What are Your 2018 Golf Goals?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, ChevDog said:

#1 - learn to control my emotions - i.e. stop getting mad when I make a bad shot or have a bad hole.  I'm not good enough to get mad about this.

#2 - Get my handicap down to around 15-17.  I dropped it from 36.4 to 29.1 between June and November last year.  Kept playing all winter up here where we can't record scores Dec-Feb, but if I had I would be at a 22.3 right now (killing it in handicapped tournaments!).

#3 - Break 90 fairly consistently by the end of the season. (I have only done this once this year).

Update on my progress- 

#1 - Getting much better at this.  I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but I have made solid progress in controlling negative emotions on the course.

#2 - Currently at 18.4, trending to 18.0.  I have about 5 weeks left in the handicap season, so I may be able to get into the 17's before the season closes.

#3 - Not quite there yet.  I broke 90 for the first time about two weeks ago, and have now had a string of scores around 90-93.  I joined a private club last month, so I'm now playing a course with a much higher (+10) slope rating than when I set this goal, but I'm confident that I can get there.  The only thing preventing it right now are the couple of blow up (triples and quads) that seem to creep into many of my rounds.  Yesterday I shot a 93 that included two quads...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was to bring the handicap below 20. Started and finished at 23...

But feel I am way more consistent this year. 

Need a little more length

• Administrator
4 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Any chance on starting the recap thread now since some states/provinces have now ended their HI season? Would love to post while fresh on my mind.

Uhhhhh, yeah, let me see if I can do that in about an hour.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Uhhhhh, yeah, let me see if I can do that in about an hour.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!