IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11 - 6/8/20

Practiced chipping from 10, 15 and 20 feet away. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, Colins69 said:

Just started looking at this topic, what's the helicopter drill ?

A drill my Evolvr instructor gave me to work on my pivot. I just posted a video to my swing thread, but essentially you face a camera or mirror with a club across your shoulders, rotate your hips and shoulders to point the shaft at the camera or mirror, then bend down and point the shaft 3-4 outside of where your ball would be. Main things you’re looking for are a steady head and no hip swap. 

Day 21 - Filmed the helicopter drill for my Evolvr instructor. 

Day 183

Lesson today. When I got home, did some work on my priority pieces from the lesson. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 68 - more gripping. Gonna start getting back to swing stuff once grip becomes natural. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 100 - Range work again today. It seems pressing the shaft forward too far with the driver, woods and other long clubs will make a more in to out path. Shifting the shaft back helps. I am playing tomorrow morning and will see if this works on the course. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 184

More work on priority pieces from last lesson. Still getting comfortable with the new downswing move and working on finding the golf ball with 75% feeling swings.

Taking a week off superspeed - got a weird crick in my neck from sleeping funny that only bothers me swinging lefty. 

-Peter

Day 22 - Helicopter drill 2.0. Club across my shoulders, get into address, and pivot to the final position. 

I also did some work on my trail elbow, similar to the Covid practice day 3. 

Day 12 - 6/9/20

Practiced chipping from 10, 15 and 20 feet away. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 69 - more grip work

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 13 - 6/10/20

Practiced indoor putting from 6 feet away.

-- Robert

Day 101 - Played 9 today and had real trouble off the tee. Scraped out a 43.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 164 - June 10, 2020

Putting with Natalie after her tournament (round 1).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 185

More work on priority pieces from lesson. Really started to feel natural today with crisp/solid center-face strikes after about 20 balls with lots of rehearsals between shots, but then I had an inexplicable pulled/thinned shot that missed the net left, hit a potted plant, and ricocheted into my neighbor’s yard in the middle of their nightly ping pong game. Completely lost it after that.

-Peter

Day 102 - Range work again today. Working on calming the palmar flexion down and driving the arms with the right elbow feeling. Ball flight was better and alignment was easier. Also worked on sand shots and short game.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 70 - a little pitch work with focus on letting the club fall on downswing 

-Jonny

Day 186

More work on priority pieces from lesson. Set up tripod and filmed a couple swings. A little too dark out to get decent video, but checkpoints for full turn and more vertical downswing seem to be holding up.

-Peter